Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped by the shop and was told they will be racing sometime in April. There is no definite date as of yet because they are moving there shop next door this week and next.
They carry Ofna, Kyosho, Hot Bodies, Team Associated, duratrax (i think), os engines, and i heard him say they will carry team losi when they move the store.
I think i will buy the Xray xb8r tomorrow. How does it run compared to some of the others you have seen?
Maybe we all can get together and race a few diferent places this year

Also Garlands in Shippensburg will be a new track this year

jeff, i'll be out some. idk bug or trug. but i will.

-ult

If you guys have any links to these new tracks in Pa, that would be great... I'm thinkin there might be a road trip or 2 this season... I had to cancel a trip to Lancaster last year, so I'm gonna try this again... lol

I was from central PA, Alot of people dont know it but Pa is Hotbed of tracks.They have tracks everywhere for almost everykinda RC racing, you just have to find them!!! I pesonally love the clay dirt ovals they have.

ImBroken said:
If you guys have any links to these new tracks in Pa, that would be great... I'm thinkin there might be a road trip or 2 this season... I had to cancel a trip to Lancaster last year, so I'm gonna try this again... lol
IB.. if your up for a road trip come check out Family Hobbies Raceway ..
http://www.familyhobbiesraceway.com/
I know a few guys from your area that come down just about everyweekend.
the only thing they don't run is 1/8th scale but they added truggy this year
they run MT.. elctric mod truck and buggy 1.10 gas truck (which is the biggest class)
come on down i would like to meet some other painters like your self..

TTT for this great thread. u guys gettin amp'd up yet? chris where ya been? hope the xb8 will be out takin it to bob and matt.

-ult

Pit Stops opening was last week. Chris nor I raced. I went up to the track, and i'm not sold on the new layout. its tighter than last years. Should be up there racing NEXT week.Havent seen you around either Ryan! sending you a PM.................

tighter than last yr, how could it be any tighter ???

-ult

just buzzing through this thread & in case noone knows it but bumps & jumps is shut down indefinetly!! something about building permit violations.....
i ran there a few times this winter, to damn cold & way to small.
I did see that someone said something about Garlands. this is an awesome track. staurdays is the oval, sunday is offroad, atleast thats the sched. for now, not sure how the oval thing will pan out, seeing how newville runs on sat. as well. if the oval doesn't work out garland will run offroad sat & sun!!!
will post a link to garlands website & forum.http://garlandsrccarland.com/index.php?osCsid=f15ef86369fd390743f378ee9a7569b3
http://www.garlandsrccarland.com/forum/
there are pics of the track in the forum under banked clay oval & offroad track, checkem out. garland will race any type of vehicle as long as theres 3 to make up the class. from 1/18th all the way up to 1/5 & 1/6 scale.
let me tell you from personal experience you can really open up a buggy on this track, hell you should see Garland oprn up his 1/5th scale.

Chris from BnJ is TRING to get all the stuff together but the permit peeps were dragging their feet I believe.

Dont knock it, at least it was somewhere to run in the winter!!!!

And yes Ryan, VERY tight. Chris ran today, Pit Stop dodged some MAJOR rain today, not sure how!!!!!

PS-points start june 17th

-ult

Last edited:
Yeah, I should get out there sometime.......I have YET to race this year......

bump for a great thread and its great people

R

Back