Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is action hobby located?

Chris,did the mapquest,says about 2 hours away for me. Near Philly.

Your right,looks like a nice little track. Would not want to launch into the "brush" that lines one side of it though! Imangine the TM diving into the brush to find my Storm!!!LOL :hammer:

Last edited:
yea had to do that one before no fun, i dont race much there nemore, more race at hobby hut much bigger track

they were supposed to re do the track this weekend but i guess the rain messd that up so prolly durring the week we will see new pic or next weekend

pitstop opening day i hear is this coming saturday. thoughts any1. i'd like to come up. psu? rado? others?

-Ult

I'll be there maybe not racing but i'll be there at some point. I will have the 3 kiddos to myself all weekend,so dont know IF i'm going to race.

pit stop today. lookin 4ward to checkin this place out. i'll be there somewheres around noon. jeff got ur stuff plus a 'patience prize'.

hope u guys make it

-Ult

Whis we could have stayed longer, but Pit Stop was good. Thanks for the tires Ryan, I will put them to use next Sat.

next sat will be fun, racing all day, then a free party with bands, skaters, hot chics, and free booze all night.

jeff or chris, those xponders @ pitstop, which need power. i wanna be sure i'm right.

i need a lead w/2 male ends on them. at least 1 of them must be fut J. solely for power (so i could even be a 2wire lead)?

do these xponders have velcro on back? was gonna find a place to put a velcro patch down to hold it if that was the case.

car still needs some things down, and moreover i need to organize all my parts in a new toolbox etc, but i think i should be able to come up and run the storm

thx

-Ult

Ryan,no velcro. you will have to put a hole in the body and mount it with a body clip. Sounds like you know what you need wiring wise.

Chris, left a voice mail..........WHAT party?????? I'll take #3, you can have the rest.

well, only racing for me is in PA between pitstop, bnj, and wileys. pasadena is on the rocks and i'm not a jump freak anyway. sadly, hunt valley got canned by the county effective july1 b/c a couple people complained bout noise. ritzy area so they got pushed out, wouldnt wanna hurt some1 property value or their precious ears b/c some1 else is workin to have fun.

-Ult

need to get this thread back up there where it belongs.

noticed BNJ had 1st race for MTs this season, small block only in appears. idk how chris is runnin that as more come out in various varieties.

-ult

Xtreme rc

Hey there is a track in Buck, PA. Yes i said Buck, lol. Its about a 25 minute drive south of lancaster. They have a club called the dirtburners. I went there a few times last year and it wasn't bad at all. I stopped by the hobby shop today and was told they are going to hold races this year. I can't really comment on the track because the layout will be completely different. The guy said they have too many big jumps and they were going to cut them down due to people breaking alot of parts. They mostly have 1/8 buggies and truggies. The drives stand is roughly 8-10 feet off the ground so you get a good view. Compared to Pit Stop the track is about twice the size and the hobby store is the biggest I've personally been in. They carry kyosho, ofna, associated, and traxxas parts. Everyone there was nice to me and i think thats where i will do the majority of my racing this year. Ill try to find a link or phone number. Now i just need to decide on a truggy or buggy:devious:

Cool, always good to see more tracks poping up. If you get a web addy post it up!! Is this run by the same guy that ran Xtreme RC in Annville?

Have you raced at Pit Stop? I was there quite a bit last year, got 3rd in MT!

Heres what i found. http://www.buckrc.com/html/extreme_rc_hobbies.html. Looks old and outdated. I'm not sure if its the guy from Annville. All i know right now is the club is called dirtburners. I think membership is around $30 and the track is across the parking lot from the store. Theres a phone number on the link you can give them a ring. I think ill stop by today and have a get a membership. Ill let you know what i find out.
I didnt race at Pit Stop last year because it was late in the season by the time i was ready. I did stop by and watch a couple. Its about 25 minutes from me. So are you guys running buggies or truggies this year? Psu, where are you from?

i'll be running both,mostly truggy. I ran the Ofna based one with the red Chevy Sliverado lid, I only ran my Storm bubby a couple times.Chris(corradopsi) ran his Xb8,and his Hyper 7 truggy a few times.

I'm in Newmanstown,almost an hour away.

Back