Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm willing to do it if i can get a litle helpand if theres enough interest. Honestly how many of you would be seriously interested if for example we made a track pitstop could not compete with? I want to make it bigger. Somewhat technical but nothing too harsh for the electric guys. I'm looking around for some free dirt fill right now. I have a friend who may be able to get a bobcat for a day. I say just level the one thats there and start over. I love berms, whoops, and technical stuff. If i can get alot of free dirt fill id like an elevation change as well. I have a layout in mind and i am definitely willing to take it further and talk to the owner if there is enough interest. Is there anything that you guys would be interested in as far as design goes?

p.s.- As of right now If i went through with this the racing would propbably be on Sundays. Onroad racing is Saturday and the transponders would be tied up.

If we built a nice track there i dont think 15 racers would be hard to get.I like berms on the turns so you can carry a lot of speed through the corners.I think you should go talk to the owner and see what he says.If you get a yes then set a date and let everyone know about it.Are you 200silvia on the Mushroom Bowls message board?

where r we talking about? is it near doylestown? near hobby hut? near somewhere lol

Is Bumps and Jumps that bad with the BS? Here it is already the second week in March. Only a couple more weeks and the weather will warm up and some of the outdoor tracks will open. Is B&J worth the time it's gonna take me to make a set of bald tires and adjust my needles for the cold? or should I just wait a few more weeks?

freak I'm contimplating just like u. i got the tires and the tune but the 2 hours drive is still there lol. i dunno, how is that track? is it a hassle or just a good time?

it was worse every time i went there. can't help but say that when the 1/8th buggy crowd came, it got worse.

-Ult

I was going to BnJ this weekend, but transportation has become a problem. (car accident) We're still wrenching like we'll make it but I don't think it's likely I'll have a replacement vehicle in time.

hmm i can't go this weekend either. o well some track by me should open soon at leats for practice

I'm going to the Mushroom Bowl Saturday to look at the track and talk to the owner. Is anyone willing to go along with me?

By the way, does anyone have a active link to a track making software? I was thinking about putting my track on a program and taking it with me on Saturday. I saw someone do a sweet one on autocad but i lost my serial numbers for autocad.

I can not come to the bowl on saterday.Email me and i can tell you how to talk to Brad.Mabey you both could talk to Bruce on Saterday.

[email protected]

Last edited:
I stopped by the bowl today to check out the track. There is alot of room for the track. The area to work with is a triangle but we can work around that. There is already a drivers stand. The base of the drivers stand is already about 3 feet above the track surface. Rough measurements of the triangular area are 135' x 97' x 82'. The best thing would be to just start all over and level the current track. I couldn't make it saturday to talk to them because of some scheduling issues but i will be talking to them soon.

where is this area now? i'm disheartened by whats goin on w/the club down here in hunt valley. bunch of egos that developed an 'inner circle' of folks....btw none of them have developed, setup, and run a track. people drivin their cars up on the lawn its on is destroyin the property (especially those who can't wait 4 winter to pass) and i'm waitin 4 the county 2 speak up on it. but i get grief for bringin it up. so i think i'm gonna stop trying to help and aide in the furtherin of the club and from now on just run there when i want (their gonna try and make wkend days members-only on public property lol). not to mention a driver's stand that has no provisions for the disabled.

quite sad tracks on public property always end up like this.

-Ult

Well it looks like there is going to be no offroad track at the Mushroombowl.There is going to be an offroad track opened at Blue Diamond Park in Bear Delaware.It should be finished in 2 months.That is what a worker there told me.Here is there website.They said they are going to update it soon with a rc section.
http://www.bluediamondpark.com/

whos ready for some outdoor action? which tracks are opening up first?

Hobby Hut is opening the 17th for their first race, Action hobby (small tright track not ell known) is opening not this weekend but the next this weekend is an open practice

Back