Nitro Fuel for KE21SP engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have applied for a permission to get the higher % now... so just wish me luck and hopefully i will be driving with 20-25 :thumbs-up:
What brands of fuel have you tried?? If i get my permission i will be able to find some more brands that aint to many hours away from home
That's awesome you were able to fill that out 👍👍 I run bones and Odonnell's 30%nitro 10%oil basher usually 10 - 14. Racers go down to 7- 9 %oil...
Out of the above VP and Bones (Bones was not tested by myself) is pretty much top fuel. Bones has i think 10% oil and VP 9%.
Bones brew is made with VP fuel. Just a little info for you sir.. bones comes in different oil percentages not just 10%.. you can have the company that makes bones mix you your own blend if you want..

That's awesome you were able to fill that out 👍👍 I run bones and Odonnell's 30%nitro 10%oil basher usually 10 - 14. Racers go down to 7- 9 %oil...

Bones brew is made with VP fuel. Just a little info for you sir.. bones comes in different oil percentages not just 10%.. you can have the company that makes bones mix you your own blend if you want..
I did not know bones was made with VP.. nice one.:thumbs-up:
i get my VP from amainhobbies and Bones is not on their site sadly.
i also didn't know bones came with different oil % and you can mix your own, very nice!
so, do you know @STONER RC if Bones is being shipped to EU or just locally?
i hadn't done much research on the fuel just heard a lot of positive things.

i also didn't know bones came with different oil % and you can mix your own, very nice!
Hold on bud will send you their sites link👍👍
Here you go bud 👍 👍

https://www.bonesmotorsports.com/

Me personally have used Team Corally, Merlin, VP, Carson.
i was about to order Bones Brew from over the pond, or at least i wanted to before this stupid EU law came into play since i heard great things about it.
Maybe there is a way to get Bones in my country, and i have to pick it up myself show my license and done?, i don't know yet.
anyways...
Out of the above VP and Bones (Bones was not tested by myself) is pretty much top fuel. Bones has i think 10% oil and VP 9%.
The next best fuel imo would be Merlin, then Corally.
and Carson....... 🤣
don't ever buy that crap. ruins your engine.

Hmm, i can't get a hold of any of those fuels here.
This is what i can get:

Piranha Racing fuel 20-25% nitro, Oil % unknown

Rapicon 20-25% nitro, Oil 9-12%, only synthetic

Byron Race RTR GEN2 20% nitro, Oil 16%

Racing Experience Hot fire 25% Nitro, Oil 7,5% syntethic and 2% Castor oil.

I've heard good things about Byrons, but 16% oil feels like a lot?? Or does the RTR engines like that much?

The hotfire i also heard good things about, but do i need more than the 9,5%?

Hmm, i can't get a hold of any of those fuels here.
This is what i can get:

Piranha Racing fuel 20-25% nitro, Oil % unknown

Rapicon 20-25% nitro, Oil 9-12%, only synthetic

Byron Race RTR GEN2 20% nitro, Oil 16%

Racing Experience Hot fire 25% Nitro, Oil 7,5% syntethic and 2% Castor oil.

I've heard good things about Byrons, but 16% oil feels like a lot?? Or does the RTR engines like that much?

The hotfire i also heard good things about, but do i need more than the 9,5%?

There is only two major fuel companies that produce nitro ,but once it goes to the companies that mixes it for RC use ,
you just got to find what is right for you ,the Hot fire sounds good with that oil blend ,just because it sounds like less
oil doesn't mean that it really is by volume ,it is still quite a bit per volume!..👍😎

There is only two major fuel companies that produce nitro ,but once it goes to the companies that mixes it for RC use ,
you just got to find what is right for you ,the Hot fire sounds good with that oil blend ,just because it sounds like less
oil doesn't mean that it really is by volume ,it is still quite a bit per volume!..👍😎
Alright! Sounds good.

Is it ok to use the Hot fire for the break in also? Or should i use a fuel with more oil for that?

Do you know anything about RTR engines and the "need" for more oil?
The byron fuel info says something like: "Perfect fuel for Ready To Run engines. (Pullstarter Engines).

Alright! Sounds good.

Is it ok to use the Hot fire for the break in also? Or should i use a fuel with more oil for that?

Do you know anything about RTR engines and the "need" for more oil?
The byron fuel info says something like: "Perfect fuel for Ready To Run engines. (Pullstarter Engines).
I seen people use a fuel with more oil content for break in ,infact ,Bones brew makes a break in fuel!
Some people will actually buy Traxxas fuel for break in an then transfer over to a better quality!
So yea ,you can run a quart or two for the first time ,you will also need an extra plug ,break ins usually
foul a plug!..👍

I seen people use a fuel with more oil content for break in ,infact ,Bones brew makes a break in fuel!
Some people will actually buy Traxxas fuel for break in an then transfer over to a better quality!
So yea ,you can run a quart or two for the first time ,you will also need an extra plug ,break ins usually
foul a plug!..👍
:thumbs-up:

I'm actually looking at plugs now, gonna buy some to put in the toolbox.
Do you have any recommendation for this engine with 20 or 25% nitro in it?
Would the standard LRP R3 do the job? I think its a medium/hot plug??
I can't find anything in the manual thats says what kind of glow plug stock is. Only a part number...
To be honest i think Kyosho has done a bad job with the manual overall for us that are new to the nitros.

:thumbs-up:

I'm actually looking at plugs now, gonna buy some to put in the toolbox.
Do you have any recommendation for this engine with 20 or 25% nitro in it?
Would the standard LRP R3 do the job? I think its a medium/hot plug??
I can't find anything in the manual thats says what kind of glow plug stock is. Only a part number...
To be honest i think Kyosho has done a bad job with the manual overall for us that are new to the nitros.

I use the Lc3 plugs for standard an P4 & P5's for turbo ,running P4 in my Hyper 21 now!..😎

I use the Lc3 plugs for standard an P4 & P5's for turbo ,running P4 in my Hyper 21 now!..😎
What nitro % do you run the Lc3 plug with? Cause thats a hot plug right? Or maybe i can't find the same lc3 here that you have.

What nitro % do you run the Lc3 plug with? Cause thats a hot plug right? Or maybe i can't find the same lc3 here that you have.

I run 30% all the time ,Bones brew ,may do Torrco on my next batch ,but 3 gallons of Bones for $130 bucks
was an awesome price shipped to my door!..😎

No the LC3 is a hot plug same one I run. The engine should use no less then 20% nitro with 10% oil. Bones Brew and Odonnell's 30% is what I use. And use top fuel 20% for break in..

No the LC3 is a hot plug same one I run. The engine should use no less then 20% nitro with 10% oil. Bones Brew and Odonnell's 30% is what I use. And use top fuel 20% for break in..
So u can use a hot plug even with 30% nitro?
I thought you should use a hotter plug for less nitro and cold for more nitro.

I think I'm gonna go with the Racing Experience fuel with 25% and try to stay with that. If i get my permission ofc...
Otherwise i would have too choose the Byron fuel if I'm gonna have 20% nitro, but that is mixed with 16% oil. Maybe good for breaking in??

Yes... I said use it with the less nitro fuel because it will help with combustion..you can use different plugs to help with different situations..16% oil is good for break in.. but after that want to try and get the oil down to around 10%. I will send you a link that explains the different plugs.and how they work
https://rogershobbycenter.com/allaboutglowplugs

Yes... I said use it with the less nitro fuel because it will help with combustion..you can use different plugs to help with different situations..16% oil is good for break in.. but after that want to try and get the oil down to around 10%. I will send you a link that explains the different plugs.and how they work
https://rogershobbycenter.com/allaboutglowplugs
Thanks! Lets hope for an early spring so i can get it up and running soon :cheers:

Thanks! Lets hope for an early spring so i can get it up and running soon :cheers:
Shoot how cold is it where you are? Honestly the cold wouldn't stop me from running my new RC..😉👍👍😁😁

Shoot how cold is it where you are? Honestly the cold wouldn't stop me from running my new RC..😉👍👍😁😁
Today is -5c, the other week was -15c. But its getting better 😁
Pretty windy at my place also so its gonna be hard to keep temps up for the break in, but i dont think i can wait to long either 🤣

Today is -5c, the other week was -15c. But its getting better 😁
Pretty windy at my place also so its gonna be hard to keep temps up for the break in, but i dont think i can wait to long either 🤣
Oh wow yeah that's a little too cold for break in.. you definitely want to keep the temp up and steady during break in.. or you could have a very big headache... Buy man I give you tons of credit.. I probably would have figured out a way to hook up a hose to my exhaust and throw it out the garage door or basement window or any window or door... and just do bench break in.. i have no patience at all....😉👍👍

Oh wow yeah that's a little too cold for break in.. you definitely want to keep the temp up and steady during break in.. or you could have a very big headache... Buy man I give you tons of credit.. I probably would have figured out a way to hook up a hose to my exhaust and throw it out the garage door or basement window or any window or door... and just do bench break in.. i have no patience at all....😉👍👍
Yeah it is... good thing i have to wait and see if i get my permission for the fuel, but its hard too just watch it sit there on the shelf 😥😅
Lol the exact same thoughts has cross my mind several times theese last days!!

Back