Nitro engine stalling?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmacca

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys and gals,

Today I took my nitro car out and tried to have some fun, as usual.
However today was different, after I hard started the engine it idles away, at a good steady RPM and then whenever I try to take off it will just cut out, or when I remove the glow igniter it will cut out aswell, I did have this problem before however after I let the engine heat up a bit it would take off fine but today I let it idle for a while and it still diddn't take off and still cut out when I removed the igniter.
How can i fix this poblem?

Another problem I have is that the part that goes inbetween the motor and the exhaust keeps disappearing, Can you offer any insight?

Thanks,
Jmacca

Last edited:
Stalling when you remove the glow ignitor is a definite sign of a bad plug.
So first off, buy a new glow plug.
Cutting out on take off can be a few things. Such as a bad plug, lean LSN, or rich LSN.
So if i were you i'd reset the needles to factory, get a new plug and go from there.

well I actually hadnt done any tuning so its just a new plug then, thats good.

thanks,
Jmacca

Last edited:
I'm not 100% that the plug is causing your stalling problems.
But i AM sure its the reason the engine is dieing after you remove the ignitor.
Seeing as you haven't touched the needles, you wont need to retune but it's still a good idea to reset to factory, you never know what might of happened to them..
Good luck mate :)