Nitro engine identification help...please!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmofantastic

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! Well... I've spent countless hours trying to find out what the heck this engine is...found some that were similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20230107_022804.jpg

IMG_20230107_022753.jpg

IMG_20230107_022745.jpg

IMG_20230107_022733.jpg

IMG_20230107_022856.jpg

I agree looks like Dynamite.28

Man, that is odd there aren't more markings to indicate who made that mill. Maybe an older Kyosho engine? Are there any markings on the carb?

Yours looked to be older version

E58185D2-81B5-4187-A4E1-2980C1EB6237.png

Could be a old Picco

Attachments

• 399EFA97-703B-4E87-AB95-8EB763CE903A.png
    399EFA97-703B-4E87-AB95-8EB763CE903A.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
i was looking at pictures of the dynamite .28 and it looks really similar to it. maybe someone dremeled off the logo and tag?
Screenshot 2023-01-17 3.09.42 PM.png

I think that that is the same engine. maybe the person you got the engine from ground off the logo and they also ground off the black paint? IDK though.
i just found a dynamite mach .28 and it has a gray bottom just like the one you have. maybe the person that you got it from swapped heat sinks?
actually, I bet it's an off-brand re-creation of the dynamite .28. I will include a picture of the one I found though.
Screenshot 2023-01-17 3.19.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-17 3.19.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-17 3.19.38 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-17 3.20.12 PM.png

Last edited:
i was looking at pictures of the dynamite .28 and it looks really similar to it. maybe someone dremeled off the logo and tag?
View attachment 158529
I think that that is the same engine. maybe the person you got the engine from ground off the logo and they also ground off the black paint? IDK though.
i just found a dynamite mach .28 and it has a gray bottom just like the one you have. maybe the person that you got it from swapped heat sinks?
actually, I bet it's an off-brand re-creation of the dynamite .28. I will include a picture of the one I found though.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, it's a Dynamite clone, I bet. Not sure why one would Dremel off any markings, but you never know!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, it's a Dynamite clone, I bet. Not sure why one would Dremel off any markings, but you never know!
maybe they were going to try and scam someone into thinking that it was a real dynamite engine so that they could get paid more?

Man, that is odd there aren't more markings to indicate who made that mill. Maybe an older Kyosho engine? Are there any markings on the carb?
None.. and it's so different than all the other carbs I've been in. What makes it difficult is the fact that the head has 6 bolts. Now on the side that looks blank you can faintly see the old markings, maybe had some sticker or idk. Looks like a big 'k' or an R block style letter and underneath it looks like 'racing'. But it's so faint I can't tell. I'll try to snap another photo.
Everything about this thing is different it seems like. Like, thread pattern, hex head size. Frustrating

I've seen .28's with six head bolts before, but they were older engines. I do think this is a knock off engine, but it doesn't mean it's an inferior one. You trying to find a manual or something? If you're trying to get it running, maybe pull a Dynamite .28 manual down, set the needles to factory and see what happens.

maybe they were going to try and scam someone into thinking that it was a real dynamite engine so that they could get paid more?
It seems very well built. Maybe better than a dynamite. But my experience is very limited with those
I've seen .28's with six head bolts before, but they were older engines. I do think this is a knock off engine, but it doesn't mean it's an inferior one. You trying to find a manual or something? If you're trying to get it running, maybe pull a Dynamite .28 manual down, set the needles to factory and see what happens.

Honestly. The carb settings was the founding reason to I'd it, the only thing is the carb is totally different.the LPN adjustment is it on the slide, but on the carb body. And the pull start. Shaft where they one-way bearing sits is huge . I have an OS one-way bearing that fits it.

Someone gave me this motor cause it wasn't turning, I disassembled, to discover that it didn't even have a full tank run thru it.

Looks sort of like a a Thunder Tiger Pro .28 without the badges, got a lot of the same lines though, like the place where the badge would be.

1674171030730.png

Edit: the more I look the less confident I am. Could be an early make? It does have a 6-bolt head, not that that's conclusive...

Last edited:
dang okay
Appreciate your input I really do. I was thinking closer to kyosho clone because of the releif in the mounts. Haven't got it running yet because of one-way bearing I had is slipping due to wear and high compression doesn't help it either...lol

Back