Nitro cylinder repinching tool

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have a hpi k4.6 it's still runs but hard to get a good idel and cuts off a lot .the pisto is way past tdc I also have a force 3.5 and a hpi bullet 3.0 engine that basically new but it's ner top of the bloddy cylinder I don't understand it I removed 2 shims last night and going to take it out to see how it goes it was cutting outalot aswell
Look at the crank case it's brand new man there been about 4 liters of 20 out through it just so don't know how it so worn 😅 still have food compression but can be a pain to get a good stady tune on 🥺

Attachments

• 20211017_020421.jpg
    20211017_020421.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20211017_020353.jpg
    20211017_020353.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211017_020307.jpg
    20211017_020307.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Has a read stI'll no instructions how to do it or the correct tools I will need I am definitely going to try this

1st search..
https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/topic/21678-liner-pinching/
and only.1,780,000 Results dont speak 4 me grey 1 ever
I wasn't speaking for you. I was pointing out the fact that you misunderstood my post. Unlike you I didnt make a post telling the OP to do some searches cuz I thought he was lazy blah blah blah. I said it because i was to lazy to go looking for the stuff to post links myself. If youd spend a little less time being an asshat to people and a little more time actually teaching people what you do know about RCs people would probably respect you a little more. More often than not you dont add anything constructive to a thread. Even when you try your answers are short, half garbled, with no real explanation of what you're talking about. The quote above is a perfect example. Try using some sentence structure and punctuation that would help. And dont get this twisted, I'm not saying any of this to insult you, I'm saying it as constructive criticism. You could be a better source of information than you currently are.

I for one am glad he asked - I have never heard of it, I am interested in learning.
Nothing wrong with asking questions. Thats what were here for :)

Has a read stI'll no instructions how to do it or the correct tools I will need I am definitely going to try this
I'm interested to know what kind of results you have with this. Keep us posted!

So been looking into it all day. So you didn't read the link I sent you need a hose clamp and a piston.

I'm interested to know what kind of results you have with this. Keep us posted!
Ok sorry posted the check blown engine .. my bad bud here read threw this one. A guy explains how to do re pinch with a hose clamp. But if you do it this way you must leave in the piston or a solid object so you can't over pinch the sleeve
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ca...t-piston-sleeve-have-pinched-regain-life.html
Got this one as well. I'm not to sure about this clamp idea though. The hose clamps don't really close in a perfect circumstance
Wait didn't you watch the videos I sent yesterday.. there's 4 of them for you to watch go back a page and at the bottom I posted 4 video links on how to and what's needed bud 🤣🤣👍👍

Last edited:
So with the clamp. I would watch the guy with the copper pipe. With the clamp around the pipe it will close more accurately as in a solid circumference and not pull onto one side or other. You want to be able to squeeze the entire sleeve in one motion. And then the piston shouldn't be able to push past 4mm to the top of sleeve... I'm looking for actual tools or a sleeve clamp and I can't find one.. its all about being very precise with the pinch.. I would also get a micrometer to be on safe side to measure while your clamping down on sleeve.. its got to be within I believe .02-.03 NM. The tolerance is in those links some where👍👍

Back quite a few years ago ,they use to sell those repinching tools for 20 bucks ,I missed out on buying one!
But to repinch ,it has to be done with a tool that puts equal amount of squeeze all around the sleeve ,otherwise
it will egg shape the sleeve ,it is cheap to just send it in for 20 or 30 bucks to have it done by someone!..:thumbs-up:

Back quite a few years ago ,they use to sell those repinching tools for 20 bucks ,I missed out on buying one!
But to repinch ,it has to be done with a tool that puts equal amount of squeeze all around the sleeve ,otherwise
it will egg shape the sleeve ,it is cheap to just send it in for 20 or 30 bucks to have it done by someone!..:thumbs-up:
I agree the repinch has to be precise and pinched in a perfect circumference. If off by just the tiniest bit the sleeve is garbage. No much pinch its garbage. It's a very fine line very fine. I remember the tools can't find those pinch collars and the piston slugs anywhere.. I should have grab one back then as well but I wasn't confident enough back then to actually use it. It's cheap in the US to have it done. Probably cost more to have it shipped over seas. Then to do the actual pinch it's self.... could always just pick up a decent engine under $100...

@MCNITRO you from the uk mate?
Ireland. North bro
So been looking into it all day. So you didn't read the link I sent you need a hose clamp and a piston.

Ok sorry posted the check blown engine .. my bad bud here read threw this one. A guy explains how to do re pinch with a hose clamp. But if you do it this way you must leave in the piston or a solid object so you can't over pinch the sleeve
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ca...t-piston-sleeve-have-pinched-regain-life.html
Got this one as well. I'm not to sure about this clamp idea though. The hose clamps don't really close in a perfect circumstance

Wait didn't you watch the videos I sent yesterday.. there's 4 of them for you to watch go back a page and at the bottom I posted 4 video links on how to and what's needed bud 🤣🤣👍👍
I did bro
Cheak it guys worked a treat it now pinching where it ment to this should be a major part of maintenance works so well if it done right

Fue pictures

Attachments

• 20211020_001122.jpg
    20211020_001122.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211019_212740.jpg
    20211019_212740.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211019_214042.jpg
    20211019_214042.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 46
Fue pictures
I'm not sure if using the split ring is a good idea. Unless you can tighten both side at the same time. That's why everyone uses a hose clamp.. but yeah thats the idea. But it looks like you got to get the piston higher past all the ports. 4mm from top of sleeve.
And you definitely don't need much. If possible. Should have measured the piston circumference. Then the sleeve inner diameter. To see much you need to pinch it.. or you did do that

I'm not sure if using the split ring is a good idea. Unless you can tighten both side at the same time. That's why everyone uses a hose clamp.. but yeah thats the idea. But it looks like you got to get the piston higher past all the ports. 4mm from top of sleeve.
And you definitely don't need much. If possible. Should have measured the piston circumference. Then the sleeve inner diameter. To see much you need to pinch it.. or you did do that
Yes cheaked all that so that why I cut it at 5 mm it worked great bro 👌
the point of the split coller is to allow some room for compression My new pinch point is good and have really good compression bro

Attachments

• 20211020_001122.jpg
    20211020_001122.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 33
the point of the split coller is to allow some room for compression My new pinch point is good and have really good compression bro
Looks good!

Defo have to remember that one mate. How do you check compression,, just by hand or do you have a compression tester?

the point of the split coller is to allow some room for compression My new pinch point is go

od and have really good compression bro
Defo have to remember that one mate. How do you check compression,, just by hand or do you have a compression tester?
By hand bro just titein the screws evenly fue links guys

the point of the split coller is to allow some room for compression My new pinch point is go

od and have really good compression bro

By hand bro just titein the screws evenly fue links guys
Wondered if you could test the comp with a comp tester, no worries man! And the accent isn’t fine I’m used to it with my nan and the wife’s family!
Good work mate glad you’ve got it worked out!