Nitro crawler ?? Whats good for me>?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmarcial27

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so guys i never had a rc before... but I'm like going crazy to buy one now.. i have done some research , and what i want is a nitro truck crawler... i like in north jersey... any good idea? i dont want to spend too much money on my first one... for example this one will be PERFECT THATS THE TYPE OF STYLE THAT I LIKE , BUT ITS ELECTRIC

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ial-Wraith-1-10th-4WD-Electric-Rock-Racer-Kit

Nitro + Crawler = Not good.
Nitro engines require air flow to keep them cool, if you are putting along at crawling speeds, you'll probably over heat. The nitros will also go through clutches like crazy, the electrics have instant torque. Anything is possible though, just be careful because you'll probably kill your engine and be replacing clutches. Traxxas does have some video of a "crawler" Revo, maybe they have some info on it.

i have already replied to your other thread. you dont need multiple threads on a single subject.

Nitro + Crawler = Not good.
Nitro engines require air flow to keep them cool, if you are putting along at crawling speeds, you'll probably over heat. The nitros will also go through clutches like crazy, the electrics have instant torque. Anything is possible though, just be careful because you'll probably kill your engine and be replacing clutches. Traxxas does have some video of a "crawler" Revo, maybe they have some info on it.

i think i will need to go with a electric.. any good one in particular? what you think of the one on the link? can i buy multiple batteries for that one? or a bigger engine?

I don't have one, but the Wraiths are pretty popular and have tons of aftermarket support. If you are looking for a full on "crawler" though, it may not be what you're looking for. If your looking for a trail truck that can do SOME crawling, it should be fine.

If you're not interested in comping The Losi Nightcrawler seems to be pretty popular. the Axial XR-10 is able to be comped but I believe needs some upgrades before it can do so. Id probably look at one of those two.

you may be able to mod a computer cooling fan onto your nitro crawler. Youd need and extra battery pack and would require mounting. I've seen it done before on other non crawler vehicles, for reasons I'm not sure of. But that fan would sure keep your engine cool. And yea, youd be replacing centrifugal clutches like running offroad tires onroad with a jato... good analogy, no? :)

Back