Nitro car bogging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewy96

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I give it full throttle or even half the nitro car just bogs. does this mean there is too much fuel or not enough? rich or lean
thanks
(btw i am new at this stuff)

it means its to rich.

what kind of car are we talkin bout here

Your HSN is too rich lean it out a 1/8 turn at a time and keep running hot passes while doing it you will start noticing improvement once you don't notice any more improvement back it out rich a 1/8 and roll with it.

It could also be an extreme lean problem. If it's spitting fuel out the exhaust when it boggs, then it's a rich problem. If not, it may be you're to lean on the HSN.

Bart could be right. If it sounds more like a stutter, then you're too lean...if it sounds more like a laggy throttle response you're too rich.

I had that problem a while back and was too lean on the LSN.

I may be wrong here... But when I've had tuning probs I was alwayz told to turn da HSN fully to da right (richest point) then turn 4 full turns to da left. Dat should give u a pretty decent starting point... From there adjust 1/8 turns richer or leaner as needed... Hope I explained dat right...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

I have the same problem it appers to be lean but if i make it any richer it wont start

My nitro rc bogs at full or half throttle. I am still new at this rc stuff and I have a kyosho drt.It is releasing nitro from the exhaust, what should I do.