News... interesting news.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky78

RCNT Window Licker
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Not sure who all else has been following this but... Competition X let the cat out today.

Am I missing something here, what's the bloody news! Oh man the suspense is killing me!

This is great news. Continued support for my Baja!

Yeah. Looks like I might be able to get one for next winter's project. :D

Excellent news. Good that they're out of administration and the company want to keep things the same and are enthusiastic about it.

I was hoping you would chime in here. Not sure how many members are in Europe, but I'm pretty sure you're in the UK. I wondered if you had any experiences with Ripmax?

I was hoping you would chime in here. Not sure how many members are in Europe, but I'm pretty sure you're in the UK. I wondered if you had any experiences with Ripmax?
I had one of their glow starters once...It fell apart... I'm sure it'll be fine though :p

Not had any dealings with Ripmax but I'm happy for HPI and I'm especially biased since I've now got the Firestorm!

So would I Mike, just relaying the message as asked by Neil..
I am sure there will be a little bit of truth in this story..

for those of us who don't bookface what is the article about?

for those of us who don't bookface what is the article about?
Copied from another post where the same question was asked....

There is a post from Neil Smith. (TNS). We would love to see a source...

Quote:
So a few may like to know this...Traxxas sued HPI over their waterproof radiobox and won...HPI was unable to pay the lawsuit so Traxxas took over the companies stocks....this is why HPI was sold............The lawsuit was as bogus as Traxxas's engineering team so if you liked HPI be sure to forever boycott the Traxxas brand....Please pass this on to others in the RC community.......

I just looked up some info on this and it looks like it started back in October 2014 over the patent for the 'Protective enclosure for model vehicle' basically the waterproof box for the receiver gear, looks like it affected a least the Blitz, Bullet, Firestorm and Trophy models.

You can find public details of the law suit here:

https://search.rpxcorp.com/lit/txedce-155218

Thanks @BurningRain, the trouble with it is the claim is still open. Hence, unless I'm mistaken, means that Traxxas hasn't received any sort of settlement, much less a controlling portion of stocks.

I'd assume so too, at a guess they've liquidated, paid traxxas and sold the IP / operations to fund the rest?

Maybe we'll see it close soon.

Back