"Newbie" having problems with my Monster Gt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveNitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I just bought a use Associated Monster GT. And I have a problem with the truck going backwards lol instead of going forward . When I start the truck and when I turn on the remote and push the trigger down on the remote it goes backwards instead of forward . And when I give it some gas from the remote, the truck shuts off . Can somebody HELP ME !! =(

Reverse the throttle setting on your transmitter.

Sorry I am new to all this how do you do that

Look in your manual. It should be under servo reversing or similar term.

You will either have to go through the programming menu on your transmitter or it may be as simple as toggling a switch on the transmitter itself. It depends on what transmitter you are using.

The monster GT is a nitro powered truck…Reversing the throttle servo switch would not fix the issue. Reversing the forward/reverse servo switch or flipping the 3rd channel on the transmitter may.

The monster GT is a nitro powered truck…Reversing the throttle servo switch would not fix the issue. Reversing the forward/reverse servo switch or flipping the 3rd channel on the transmitter may.

Whether it's nitro, electric or gasser, when you pull the trigger and the rig goes backwards instead of forwards, the first thing to check is the servo reversing feature on the transmitter.

Why do u think the truck shuts off when u push the trigger to much ..

probably needs to be tuned .but you should let it ideal for a min and let it get warmed up .then try and give it gas .

Is the truck just in reverse, sounds dumb but my friend had sort of the same problem and he just pushed the button to switch it into the forward gears and the problem was solved. As for stalling if it is warm and still stalling you will need to tune it. Lot's of videos on youtube for trouble shooting and tuning, the different series squirrel put on there are good, lot's of info and explanations on how to set things up...They helped me quite a bit as I am pretty well a newbie still

cheers

Last edited:
Whether it's nitro, electric or gasser, when you pull the trigger and the rig goes backwards instead of forwards, the first thing to check is the servo reversing feature on the transmitter.

Rob I think you're having a mental lapse. Reversing the servo switch on the throttle will only effect whether pulling the trigger actuates the throttle or the brake,it has no bearing on the direction the truck will move.

+1 for the truck being in reverse and or needing to switch the forward/reverse servo switch or flipping the 3rd channel on the transmitter.

Mental lapse is spot on. I will now go stand in the corner with my special hat for awhile.

Thanks for all the help everybody . I will give everybody an update and try all your guys info . Thank u again everybody .

Back