newb ? monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakerid2000

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Found a 1/10 scale grave digger monster truck (made by New bright). It has no controller. how do I go about hooking up and pairing a new controller? its a 2.4ghz

Found a 1/10 scale grave digger monster truck (made by New bright). It has no controller. how do I go about hooking up and pairing a new controller? its a 2.4ghz
It's likely a "toy grade" unit. You would have to get a radio from new bright or find one that's for it on ebay.
http://www.newbright.com/support/radio-control-faq/

Unless you want to gut it and try putting hobby grade stuff in it. Then you would need an esc, receiver, servo, etc. Probably not worth the hassle though since you can't get parts for it.

Hi baker. Welcome to the forum.

The New Bright stuff isn't really something I would try to modify, but their bodies are used a lot on hobby grade RC's since they sell a lot of licensed vehicles. As olds said, you will probably have to source a controller from ebay. But I am not even sure if you can bind it to the truck, or how you would do so. Maybe you can? I dunno.

You could however get a cheap radio like a Flysky GT3B and buy a cheap ESC and servo for it. All in you would probably be looking at $75-$100 or so. It's up to you if that is worth it.

Got any pics?

Hi guys I am also new in RC car. I just bought an Axial Capra about a year ago and I am having a lot of fun. Howerver, I am looking to buy something faster like this Speed Monster Truck
I just want to know if it is worth buying and if there are any alternatives similar to that truck.
Thanks a lot for your help!
I am not sure if it is the right place to post sorry about that.

Hi guys I am also new in RC car. I just bought an Axial Capra about a year ago and I am having a lot of fun. Howerver, I am looking to buy something faster like this Speed Monster Truck
I just want to know if it is worth buying and if there are any alternatives similar to that truck.
Thanks a lot for your help!
I am not sure if it is the right place to post sorry about that.
The Kraton is a beast. Just know that if you buy the one in that link from Amazon it is just a "roller", which means it is just the chassis, body, drivetrain, etc. There are no electronics with a roller. You have to buy the motor, esc, receiver, servo, etc.

I would suggest you buy it from a place like Horizon or Tower Hobbies. If you sign up for the rewards programs on these sites you will get points for credit to use later. Kinda like getting a coupon.

The Kraton is a beast. Just know that if you buy the one in that link from Amazon it is just a "roller", which means it is just the chassis, body, drivetrain, etc. There are no electronics with a roller. You have to buy the motor, esc, receiver, servo, etc.

I would suggest you buy it from a place like Horizon or Tower Hobbies. If you sign up for the rewards programs on these sites you will get points for credit to use later. Kinda like getting a coupon.
Thanks for letting me know because I was about to buy on Amazon. I will check on Horizon and Tower Hobbies. Do you think this car is ok for a newbee?
Thanks again for answering so quickly.

Thanks for letting me know because I was about to buy on Amazon. I will check on Horizon and Tower Hobbies. Do you think this car is ok for a newbee?
Not really a newbie kinda rc unless you are mechanically inclined and able to do some soldering. You also need a charger and lipo battery, and you need to learn about lipo safety and care.

You posted your same exact question to like 4 different threads. You need to keep to one post and delete the others.

sorry about that I was not sure were to ask I will delete them right now. Thanks again for your help

Reading up on Lipo's is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. They are incredible when using them but can be dangerous if not cared for correctly like mentioned above.

sorry about that I was not sure were to ask I will delete them right now. Thanks again for your help
It is best to go introduce yourself in the introduction forum. Then create a thread of your own to ask your questions. Just look for the best forum that fits your questions. And it's ok. We were all moobs at one point 😉

The Kraton is an awesome truck. Its more like a Truggy rather than a Monster Truck but awesome none the less. I have that ones big brother.

It is best to go introduce yourself in the introduction forum. Then create a thread of your own to ask your questions. Just look for the best forum that fits your questions. And it's ok. We were all moobs at one point 😉
Thanks for understanding. I will do that.
Reading up on Lipo's is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. They are incredible when using them but can be dangerous if not cared for correctly like mentioned above.
Yes I think I need to study a bit before buying that car:)

There's alot more places to buy it then from those two.I would look around before buying...

Back