New Toy's =))

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckid91

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
2.jpg

picked this up this afternoon =)

hol;y cow this thing is FAST, hard to keep straight on the asphalt, only thing i dont like so far is the ESC programming is confusing as all hell

I've never been really fond of Associated's electronics. but the vehicles are a lot of fun. have fun beating on your new truck.

yeah I'm already looking at a new ESC, not for power but something that is easier to program, this thing is like a 12 step process and you have to read lights and interpret beeps lol

WOW! Congrats man, that's a nice truck.

thanks man, i wanted out of nitro, and into electrics so i jumped in with both feat, these 5000mah 20c 2s lipos deliver crazy power i dont even wanna see what the 40c's i ordered will do haha

will have better shots from the track toinght =))

thanks man, i wanted out of nitro, and into electrics so i jumped in with both feat, these 5000mah 20c 2s lipos deliver crazy power i dont even wanna see what the 40c's i ordered will do haha

will have better shots from the track toinght =))

Yep, same here. I got out of nitro, and haven't looked back. I've yet to miss it either with the ludicrous power of brushless systems.

You might want to look at the Castle Creations Mamba or Mamba Max and the Castle Link programmer. The Castle Link allows you to program almost everything the ESC controls using your PC.

Associated has kick ass vehicles but there electrics suck you get those changed and you'll have a good combo!:first_place:

well my crappy driving caused today to be rather expensive.. but the truck now has rpm arms, and rpm ball ends... the ball end broke left and right.. bent and broken turnbuckles ended the day, but upgrades shall come =)) i love the truck and brushless lipo power is amazing!!

The carnage! If you're nut breaking something, you're not enjoying your truck, unless you're Rolex. =devil

yeah it was pretty cold and i think thats why i was breaking atleast one ball end ever couple laps, the "steel" turnbuckles are weaker then heck too, new esc and some turnbuckles and maybe some rubber should be a good truck... its got almost to much power for me right now because i can't handle it hardly at all lol

Last edited:
if your stock motor is brushless, yes you can use that esc. and yes, that's a good esc.

let me ask you though, is your associated setup sensored?

i do believe it is, there is three wires from motor to esc, if that means anything?

If it only has the three leads off of the motor it is not sensored.

okay, is sensored or unsensored better?

i have three blue leads from ESC that plug into a red/yellow/black lead to motor

any help guys?? wi

I believe sensored systems run just a bit smoother. Probably more noticeable with lower power batteries. Less cogging at lower speeds.