New toy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First project with it too. http://img24.imageshack.us/i/broncod.jpg/

Got $20 in the cart. Back wheels were $5 a piece, one front wheel $10. (Tractor Supply) Tubing was 1x2 scrap from the shop.
Still need to fix something to hang my cables. Shelf on the bottom? (Got more scrap) May put an outlet on it for a grinder? Have to fix up an extension cord. (220v.)

Thought I would get a bottle of CO2, but what I have welded so far, haven't needed it. Supposed to weld up to a 1/2".

Whatyathink?

Thats awesome, I have always wanted my own welder! Most of the small mig's I have used didn't need the gas but if you start working on some heavy stuff it might help.

Now lets see those projects!

It's a nice looking project. Now where are the servos and the rx????

Oh, yeah.
By the way, not only can you weld with one of those, but you can also cook possum in under 7 minutes. One probe in its' mouth and the other......well you'll know after you catch it. :hehe:

Oh, yeah.
By the way, not only can you weld with one of those, but you can also cook possum in under 7 minutes. One probe in its' mouth and the other......well you'll know after you catch it. :hehe:

And squirrels only take half the time!!!!!!! =devil

Already tried the possum. Kicks the breaker after 4 minutes. May work for a squirrel though.

Think the 220v was a little overkill. Cost about $75 to wire it up and I still need an extension cord. If I had it to do over I would have got the biggest 110v machine they had. But if I need it...

The 1x2 on the cart, I was burning through sometimes. Had it on the lowest setting. 16 ga. Didn't have the wire speed up very far though. It's a little different not using gas.

The cart started out with the welder pointed the other way, with a bottle of gas on it. After welding with it I can't see spending the money.
$200 for the bottle. Maybe $12 to fill it up? Does great on 1/8" and just turned up one notch.

Was hoping to weld aluminum. Like to try it. But I have to have gas and a spoolgun.

Was hoping to weld aluminum. Like to try it. But I have to have gas and a spoolgun.

Welding aluminum is not bad if the area is well prepped. It has to be very clean or you will have a hard time time with it.

Welding aluminum is not bad if the area is well prepped. It has to be very clean or you will have a hard time time with it.
It'll cost me another 4 bills to set it up. Don't guess I want to try it that bad. (I wouldn't use it.)