New Tool Stand in the Works

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but there are many more options available, and a lot nicer stuff than just the metal hooks and plastic boxes. If you ever watch RC Driver on YT it is what he has on his walls. If I still had a garage, I would do the entire inside with it.
That's the other thing. There are so many options t you to get lost in the colors/ look. But its about versatility and particularly. And what you space can fit.

Awesome work..
Thanks! I have the plier box done. Just going to keep all pics in first post here.

I have two more holders on the printer for all my hex drivers, nut drivers, and Tamiya screwdriver set. Also adding a Wiha magnetizer and a little holder front and center for the little lug wrench that comes in some RC kits. It was my very first RC tool, so I am doing a little honorary spot for it 😁

On the printer
20210710_001405.jpg

That will hold these sets...
20210710_001339.jpg

1st post in this thread has been updated.

Moved the nutdrivers to a separate piece and made a slot for my turnbuckle wrench and some miscellaneous pockets. Printing now.
20210711_174618.jpg

I really need to get my act together and do this. I spend more time "finding" tools than using them at my bench. I really like what you've done. :thumbs-up:

I really need to get my act together and do this. I spend more time "finding" tools than using them at my bench. I really like what you've done. :thumbs-up:
unnamed.jpg

I am the same way. I have a Kennedy toolbox in my RC room, and every time I start a project I have to go to the toolbox and get everything out that I think I will need. It always means more trips. My bench is setup for me and my kiddo to work at, so no way to get the toolbox within reach.

I have been contemplating this thing for a couple years. So glad to finally get it going. I was initially just going to 3d print the whole thing in one shot. It would be a week long print though lol. But when I saw the spice rack I came up with this plan. Initially I was going to drill holes, cut pockets, etc in the rack and print trays to lay in the openings. This worked out a lot better. I like that it is all modular too.

Working on the inserts for the pliers. This modular design lets me move things around, and change things later on if I buy different tools.

This shows the internal pocket structures. The little holes are in these to pull the inserts out if I need to change things up.
20210715_091339.jpg

Sanding for a snug fit
20210715_090059.jpg

Like a glove
20210715_090107.jpg

Now the pliers are held snugly and completely closed to save space
20210715_090126.jpg

Working on the inserts for the pliers. This modular design lets me move things around, and change things later on if I buy different tools.

This shows the internal pocket structures. The little holes are in these to pull the inserts out if I need to change things up.
View attachment 129540

Sanding for a snug fit
View attachment 129537

Like a glove
View attachment 129538

Now the pliers are held snugly and completely closed to save space
View attachment 129539
Hell yeah buddy well done👍👏👏👏 I'm jealous need a printer

That does look nice but I have so many projects it would be pointless for me to buy it right now as it would just sit around for God knows how long until I could get around to it. Maybe next year Ill pick one up and dedicate some time to learning how to use it :)

I don't know looks pretty useful to me 🤫🤫🤔🤔

All though my 12yr daughter will probably take it over and burn all the filament. And would have to ask her to print me stuff 🤣🤣🤣🤣

All though my 12yr daughter will probably take it over and burn all the filament. And would have to ask her to print me stuff 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sounds like a good arangment to me. PLA filament isnt very expensive and you could offload some of your hobby work :hehe:

Back