New to the Rc world

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colton423

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I had just got an electric car from an auction for pretty cheap. I have very little knowledge about these but have worked with electronics before so have a good idea about all that. I am not about to get the remote transmitter connected to the receiver though. I am getting power to the receiver and if I jump power to the motor it will move. Both of the frequency crystals are the same number so I am lost now.
What I have is an older airtronics blazer transmitter and receiver, novak rooster crawler contender speed control and a Novak fifty five brushless motor. Anyone have any suggestions how to get this connected?

You should get away from that old tech and get a 2.4ghz system. The Flysky GT3B is a nice radio for $45.

This should be posted in the introduce yourself or electronics forum @HPIguy

Welcome to RCT!

Last edited:
You should get aeay from that old tech and get a 2.4ghz system. The Flysky GT3B is a nice radio for $45.

This should be posted in the introduce yourself or electronics forum @HPIguy

Welcome to RCT!
piggybacking off your flysky comment. i have the flysky fs-gt5. its linked to almost all of my RCs and i never looked back. defiantly, look into one, they're budget friendly, and extra receivers for it are like 25 bucks

piggybacking off your flysky comment. i have the flysky fs-gt5. its linked to almost all of my RCs and i never looked back. defiantly, look into one, they're budget friendly, and extra receivers for it are like 25 bucks
I use the same and could not agree more. In fact I just ordered another GT5 for a backup that came with a BS6 gyro receiver for under 70$