New to the nitro hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noahnitro8264

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I need some suggestions i have a nitro t-maxx 2.5 and i dont know where to start i have my carb stock settings but it still doesn't fire anything will help thanks i do have a traxxas ez start with a one way the motor has good compression

I've never had a nitro RC, but from what I've heard, make sure the glow igniter is charged, and the glow plug isn't faulty (or installed incorrectly). You also have to prime the engine, and if you did it, make sure the engine isn't flooded (usually harder to turn over).

Turbo took the words right out of my mouth. make sure your glow ignitor is charged and you have a good plug. Also make sure its the correct type of plug if its not the stock one.

Turbo took the words right out of my mouth. make sure your glow ignitor is charged and you have a good plug. Also make sure its the correct type of plug if its not the stock one.
Ya i use the glow plug wire from the ez starter the glow plug is brand new i made sure the motor wasn't flooded by draining the glow fuel from the piston i did prime it and it still wouldn't fire

Also the glow plug is a 3 rated for the trx 2.5

Ya i use the glow plug wire from the ez starter the glow plug is brand new i made sure the motor wasn't flooded by draining the glow fuel from the piston i did prime it and it still wouldn't fire

But does the glow plug glow by checking while the plug is out an you holding
the plug against the head to ground it?
Some people have issues with that because of connection issues ,so they get
a separate glow driver to ignite the plug!
Make sure that the ground wire to the block has a good connection!...:cool:

Sometimes it is the electronic of the starting wand is broken. You may just have to use a separate glow starter.

IDK about anybody else but those traxxas ez start systems never lasted very long for me before they broke. I eventually just started removing them as soon as I got the kit.

Thanks for the advice

Update, i tried to start the motor i made sure my glow igniter had a fresh battery and still nothing not even a little but its been through alot of beating its time to upgrade
Any suggestions on what would make my t-maxx run and not feel like its sluggish

Last edited:
Update, i tried to start the motor i made sure my glow igniter had a fresh battery and still nothing not even a fire i am gonna go the expensive way and get a big block for it or if anyone has more suggestions I'm here
I'm also gonna try to put brand new glow fuel in it and see if that does anything other wise I'm gonna get a new motor for it

You can test by just adding a couple drop of fuel into the carburetor to make it will fire. Sometimes you don't get fuel through. Must of the the time if you get fuel, air, glow starter is good, engine has compression, you should hear some explosion.

Update, i tried to start the motor i made sure my glow igniter had a fresh battery and still nothing not even a little but its been through alot of beating its time to upgrade
Any suggestions on what would make my t-maxx run and not feel like its sluggish
Did you ignite the glow plug while it was out of the kit to make sure it was glowing properly? I'm assuming so but just checking.

Yeah I could see that if the container were open or something but what about if its still in the jug? I tend to go through a gallon faster than 9 months or its sits so long I dont even try it. lol

Back