New to the nitro hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last batch set for about a year & 1/2 ,but I kept it in a cool environment in a closet in the house!
If fuel is kept where the temps & humidity fluxuates ,then it may collect moister ,nitro may lose
some of its potency!
Mine that sat that long was 20% ,so it ran ok ,but felt that my engines ran weak on it!

Ya the fuel was stored with the cap and it still and it smell good

Fuel should be good ,nitro fuel has its own ability to keep cool!
Make sure that the head bolts are tight an tank lid seals properly ,
an you can see the fuel flow to the carb through the fuel line to
the carb, ,sometimes you have to finger the throttle a little to help
start as you try starting!..:cool:

I need some suggestions i have a nitro t-maxx 2.5 and i dont know where to start i have my carb stock settings but it still doesn't fire anything will help thanks i do have a traxxas ez start with a one way the motor has good compression
To be honest I'm new to but I've had learn some things maybe it could help you.

Will you start the engine does it spit out wrong fuel at idle? If it does and you're having problems starting and not running properly as far as being too rich, lean out the little speed 1/8 of a turn.

Most likely if you have a running problem it's either a needle issue or an idle issue. Check the item gap on your carburetor opening, if it's at least one millimeters if it is less than 1 mm then open it up just a little bit.

I actually believe it or not if you have the three point point three. They tend to run tight as far as the piston and sleeve. So you may find an engine at Top Dead center sometimes.

Other than that I don't really know how to address your problem based on what I'm reading this is all I can deliver. And I may be wrong but hopefully the stuff will help. It's probably just a matter of open up the idle a little bit more just to allow air to flow.

If your engine to sustain an idle for at least 10 to 20 seconds then it's not a idle issue it's a needle issue with the low speed. Now if you're high and is running blubbery rich word sags and spits unnecessary unburned fuel then you're very rich.

Again I'm just a newcomer like you so the stuff I'm saying is based on experience on my own trip. I'm sure there are others that can help. I've had some people that were great on this platform.

Did you ignite the glow plug while it was out of the kit to make sure it was glowing properly? I'm assuming so but just checking.
Yes I did and it still didn't do anything I'm just gonna upgrade my engine to the trx 3.3
What do you mean brand new glow fuel ,how old is the fuel?..🤔
The fuel is at least 3 years old which is why I thought that was the problem it still smells fresh but apparently it won't fire

Yes I did and it still didn't do anything I'm just gonna upgrade my engine to the trx 3.3

The fuel is at least 3 years old which is why I thought that was the problem it still smells fresh but apparently it won't fire
I would get new fuel and reset your carb to factory settings. And start over give it another shot. Sounds like bad fuel and carb not set right. It's been sitting for a while? Might need to be cleaned out completely fuel lines and all bud. Might be some gummed up fuel in lines not allowing fuel to pass threw

Ya I reset the carb to factory I just put brand new fuel lines on it I made sure there was compression and all I need is fuel

This is why it is hard to give advice through a forum ,too much confusion in the
information!..:rolex:

For Example...{GreyWolf asked if noahnitro pull the plug out of the engine to see
if it worked?...Response -yes ,it still didnt do nothing!

1626459438382.png

If the fuel is 3 years old maybe that's why.

Just like medicine has expiration dates. Fuel should have expiration as well.

Flare guns have expiration dates as far as the flare rounds. And they expired between 3 to 4 years.

So I would imagine that your fuel might have been expired as far as the potion wearing out with in the formula.

3 years is a long time.

If that doesn't work then my suggestion is after you buy a new fuel and if it doesn't solve your problem.

Maybe you want to open your carburetor just a little bit wider but not too white where he is just going to set me a gauge the clutch.

But just enough so I can run so you can start breaking it in.

I don't know but I'm giving out of healthful but it's an interesting Forum thread.

If the fuel is 3 years old maybe that's why.

Just like medicine has expiration dates. Fuel should have expiration as well.

Flare guns have expiration dates as far as the flare rounds. And they expired between 3 to 4 years.

So I would imagine that your fuel might have been expired as far as the potion wearing out with in the formula.

3 years is a long time.

If that doesn't work then my suggestion is after you buy a new fuel and if it doesn't solve your problem.

Maybe you want to open your carburetor just a little bit wider but not too white where he is just going to set me a gauge the clutch.

But just enough so I can run so you can start breaking it in.

I don't know but I'm giving out of healthful but it's an interesting Forum thread.
Ya thanks for the help I appreciate everyone who has helped me I just bought a rc10gt2 that was in a lot with 4 cars and a boat and I am now running that instead of the tmaxx I've decided to buy a new motor so I don't have to mess with it anymore and I did try to get the motor to at least fire with a separate glow igniter and it didn't fire at all with a new glow plug and nitro so the motor just doesn't have any life left also can I get some time on tuning the rc10gt2 because I feel like it's lean on idle but it has a really good sound to it when I go to give it some throttle thanks Noah.