New to Rc can some one identify a connector and help me please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla1989

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
hi I have bought a rc tank and has a 7.4v 1200mah battery. My Elysium charger has the wrong connector I think it’s a traxxas . I need to identify the type of connector on the battery so I can get a new lead for the elysium charger . Also would the elysium charger be suitable thanks leyla

5B50F3F0-C307-4972-9609-05FF8EF28E8F.jpeg

The battery has a Tamiya connector on it. They are old school connectors though so if it were me Id switch out the battery connector and the charger connector but thats up to you. Yes the charger you have will work as long as it has a Li-on charging option.

Molex jr connector 2 pin. Judging by the USB it's smaller then the standard plug. As stated they are old technology.

Molex jr connector 2 pin. Judging by the USB it's smaller then the standard plug. As stated they are old technology.
ahhh yes, you're probably right. also known as mini Tamiya connectors

Thank you for a quick reply I also have a traxxas new style battery I think it’s called id. But the traxxas connector is old style I’m thinking it might go in but unsure

232AC7B8-6988-43F5-9270-506624164F16.jpeg

its a id connector but wont balance that nimh battery. Id charge that battery slow under 1/2 ( as low as that charger can charge) amp then discharge it want work your way up to 1 amp

The ID connectors are compatible with the old style Traxxas connectors but on Traxxas ID LiPos the balance lead is built in to the ID connector and the old style does not have that function so if you get any LiPos with the ID connector you wont be able to charge them with that old style cable but the old style does work for discharging. Thats just some general info on the ID connectors. In terms of NiXX batteries you can charge and discharge with the old style connector. Like TNT said, theres no need to balance those types of battery cells.

Thank you all so much for your reply’s hopefully this new venture will turn out fun . As we’ll have to wait till Christmas Day to find out . Pray nothing breaks we’re going to take it nice and slow and hopefully have plenty of fun.

Just some fyi. a nimh battery requires a break in cycle or about 3. charges. 1st charge at lowest setting your charger can do sometimes it take 18+,hours then you discharge it then you charge at half of irs charge C rating. thn discharge then you can go to a 1c charge .ivefound there life cycle will last longer that way. you shouldnt have a 3 months and dead battery life.

Back