New to Nitro, need a little help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I'm new here so i want to start by saying hello. But i am having a problem with my nitro RS4 3 evo from HPI. It just wont start. I've gone through everything i could think of. I checked the glow ignitor and plug, both working, i checked to see if it was flooded, it wasn't. And i even cleaned it out, but nothing. Just sore arms and fingers from cranking away at the pull start. Can anyone offer some troubleshoots or advice on my situation? It would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx, Whitie

Whitie said:
Hey guys, I'm new here so i want to start by saying hello. But i am having a problem with my nitro RS4 3 evo from HPI. It just wont start. I've gone through everything i could think of. I checked the glow ignitor and plug, both working, i checked to see if it was flooded, it wasn't. And i even cleaned it out, but nothing. Just sore arms and fingers from cranking away at the pull start. Can anyone offer some troubleshoots or advice on my situation? It would be greatly appriciated.

Thanx, Whitie
first off welcome to the site.
try putting some fuel into the carb. if it starts prime the gas tank. I've did that yesterday when mine was acting up.

Reset your settings on your carb back to factory settings,then if it starts then you'll just have to tune it to your area,if it doesn't start,trying checking the carb to see if it's clogged.

Thanx guys, I'm gonna go try it now. Ill let you know how it goes.

First off welcome to RCNT..

Did you prime the mill?

Put your finger over the exhaust and pull the P/S a few times..This will prime the mill..

Welcome Whitie to RCNT...Enjoy your stay here. And this is the place for you questions to be answered. Good bunch of guys here, with all the knowlegde of your local lhs and then some.

OK, thanx guys...... Turns out, my glow charger just sucks and doesn't hold a charge for very long, but i got it started, and I'm just tuning it right now to be driven.

That's good but this isn't.

You see, i have had the same problem of him. It won't start.
I also just tried what you guys said. It still doesn't work though.

Can anyone give me any tips?

It would be most appreciated. :)

well, first, check your glow plug. Put it on the ignitor and make sure its heating up. If it is, then put it back into the car. If you have a primer on your fuel tank, prime it. Then, prime the mill. Try to start it. If it doesn't start, then check your throttle, if its closed too much, then open it a little, and if its open too much, close it a little. Make sure your not running too lean or rich, so you might want to put it back to the factory settings while trying to start, then tune from there. Other than that, thats all i can think of..... Have Fun:hehe:

Back