New Tekin 1/8 motors coming?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are there new Tekin 1/8 (T8) motors coming? I've been wanting to get an RX8 / T8 combo for my 8T but they've been out of stock for 3 months. I see now that there is a new ESC, the RX8 Gen2, coming out right away. Does anyone know if there is a new motor / combo coming too?

Thanks. I had seen that and it says that they are for indoor. I was looking for one for my 8ight-T that will be running outdoors. Not sure if it matters.

Honestly I didn't even know they made motors for indoors lol. What could possibly be so different? I'll have to do some Googling lol... I'm sure they will come out with a whole line as they always do.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

only thing different is its smaller and lighter......

So less torque too...I take it

should be about the same as far as torque and rpm, maybe a small difference

Weird...don't see the point but OK lol.

smaller and lighter with the same torque....makes good sense to me:)

Well if you want to wait a bit, I am going to be sending in my rx8 and t8 1550kv for repair, they said they will probably just upgrade it to the gen2. It will be in about 6 weeks or so before i get the replacements, but I could definitely tell you if there is a difference.

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I got an email from Amain yesterday that the combo was back in stock with the Gen 2 esc. I have the Tekin RX8 GEN2/Redline T8 1/8th Scale Truggy Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (1700kV) on the way. :D

NEW tekin T8i 1/8 scale motor is up and really fine one it is. It's designed for "indoor" use with less bottom end/smoother powerband delivery than the current T8 motor.As dry and dusty as it is In the south, it sounds like it would be great here too

Yes I have seen that smaller ESC with less torque and lighter weight and speed. You can get it from your local hobby shop as it will be available there because its in stock on shops.

Back