new steering setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
well i rarely update any of my mods i do to my berg lately except for the new lid so i thought id share this one. I got my VP knuckles the other day. Very nice but they did not clear my Mayhem CDP rims, so i had to grind just a little bit to make em fit, also the stock berg knuckle flanges are too short so axials are needed wich was inconvenient imo.

MY OLD SETUP, WICH I LIKED ALOT

002-81.jpg

NEW SETUP WICH WORKS GREAT AS WELL AND IS OUT OF THE WAY NOW.

004-53.jpg

005-43.jpg

AND A SHOT OF IT CLEARING THE LID

006-36.jpg

Last edited:
Looks sweet dude. There was a berg at our comp yesterday that was set up kinda that way.

thanks brando. thats my new work stand too, it spins 360 deg.

Looks good Lloyd, up and out of the way and you don't have to worry about hitting the servo horn. Your new stand was the other thing that popped out at me, very cool idea, no more flipping the rig around to work on the other side, just give it a spin, LOL!!!!!

dooooosh. lol. yeah i got that at a yard sale my parents had for 25 cents, i think its a deal for like spice bottles to sit on but works perfect for this.

I really don't mean to derail your thread, but how do you adjust your wheel alignment?

you mean tow in or out? depends on the setup, but you can just turn a rod end out a couple turns to change it a bit. but it just depends on the setup.

Nice looking setup there Slow! I'm diggin the work table too. The front of my servo horn is already getting banged up and I've already gone through one horn. This will give me something else to think about.

there are alot of bolt on kits for the axial for bta steering setups charlie....btw what horns you running? stock plastic? if so, get yourself a nice aluminum horn, their cheep and make a big difference, you most likely wont mess one up and if you do then you are gonna have some other problems as well lol.

I understand toe in and toe out, what I mean is how do you get an even amount on each side? I have seen the set up rigs for touring cars but I'm looking for a cheaper method, I also assume that they wouldn't work real well on a crawler.

there are alot of bolt on kits for the axial for bta steering setups charlie....btw what horns you running? stock plastic? if so, get yourself a nice aluminum horn, their cheep and make a big difference, you most likely wont mess one up and if you do then you are gonna have some other problems as well lol.

Yep that servo you have will rip teeth out of a plastic horn quick.

Back