new standard for nitro rtr??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been away and i see now A LOT of nitro rc come with 2.4 set ups and some have fail safes built in. Is this how it is now a day's? I know in the past it was a big deal to get a nice digital fm with a rtr or just a good working fm. I am not sure who is leading the way with rtr 2.4 setups for a nice entry level set up today.. I am looking in to a rc10gt it says it comes with a 2.4 system is it any good? I know the stock servo's i am sure is like how it use to be any crazy turns i bet i will blow up the gears in side lol.. thanks

It is an RTR radio. I personally have never liked the stock radios and always upgrade. My preference is the Spektrum series although Futaba makes good radios as well IMO.

It is an RTR radio. I personally have never liked the stock radios and always upgrade. My preference is the Spektrum series although Futaba makes good radios as well IMO.

I never liked them as well, i got out of this hobby and i am starting over so i have to use the rtr set up. You know anything a bout the Associated 2.4 and the stock servos? I am ready to upgrade the steering after brake in i am sure i will go threw the stock one after a few tanks after brake in for sure. I never liked stock electronics i all ways found not to only look cheap but all ways failed even not under a lot of stress. This was the case with duratrax i found there electronics to be the worst that was out there. Now this might of changed i did pick up a rtr electric evader that had the basic set up no 2.4 and it sure enough looked cheap but worked very well. I think the low speed of the electric did not put stress on the steering servo and to be honest i had it for a year and used it 4 times so who knows . Any ways please anyone some one lol let me know if the sc10gt stock gear will at least get me threw brake in and tell feb ?I am using all my money for jan on a rtr and everything to get my new rc to move. thanks

Last edited:
I would hazard a guess that the stock AE 2.4 setup is heaps better than the old AM stuff you were used to back in the day. The stock stuff should do you just fine until you save enough cash for an upgrade setup.

No more pin boards at the track or colored flags or numbers hanging on long antennas. No more running someone else's car or plane out of control. Turn it on and go.
2.4 is the best thing to happen to RC since rechargeable batts.

Associated is about as good as any for stock servos. I usually upgrade servos early in my upgrade program usually right after the stock radio.

I would hazard a guess that the stock AE 2.4 setup is heaps better than the old AM stuff you were used to back in the day. The stock stuff should do you just fine until you save enough cash for an upgrade setup.

Oh yea some of the am stuff omg was a joke. I had so much fun in the mid 90's building my rc cars and trucks. I then turned to nitro rtr and i had a few electronic gear that was nice but be came outdated fast. I never liked the stock am or fm gear. I think the aftershock came with a nice digital set up but that was a over priced truck to start with.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Associated is about as good as any for stock servos. I usually upgrade servos early in my upgrade program usually right after the stock radio.
Oh ok i think there steering is metal gears but i think with some tight turns i will blow it up. For brake in i should be good, i have some things i am getting. Kinda stinks starting over i need a hump pack and charger again. I am kinda happy about the built in fail safe, only issue is i would think you have to use the throttle trim on the remote to set the fail safe and i might put a mark on the remote so that i do not lose the stock spot on the remote . I see guys who over do it on the trim and get a false idle do to the remotes trim. I think that is one of the major idle/start issues i have come across . Man i feel so old with all this new stuff that is out. Built in fail safes and 2.4 set up's and metal gear servos and 3 and 4 channel receivers to start with. That just blows my mind .

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

No more pin boards at the track or colored flags or numbers hanging on long antennas. No more running someone else's car or plane out of control. Turn it on and go.
2.4 is the best thing to happen to RC since rechargeable batts.

Oh man , hey i am running 27. blah blah what you running ? LOL man things have changed. I use to build my rc car's and trucks granted that was electric stuff. I was just thinking about all the hpi stuff i seen and the first nitro rustler . I still love my rc old school stuff, i want a bullhead one of these day's.