New Sl4sh Ultimate look

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.R.S. Ninja_007

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
I just wanted to share this build I’m designing; a custom look for my Sl4sh Ultimate, with a heavy duty body (Traxxas #6811R), new tires & wheels (‘cause the stocks are S1 compound), and RPM rear bumper and single spare tire carrier. I’m not sure if I should get the front bumper yet, the stock is doing fine same with the rear but I want that spare tire carrier. Here’s a pic of my current draft of the paint scheme:
P.S. this is a copy of my other thread I’m going to delete.

Untitled Notebook.jpg

Well I am speaking from a 2wd slash view. The 4x4 ultimate is probaly one of the best traxxas models out there since it comes with some durability hop ups from the factory. 1st is the body. The 4x4 and the 2wd bodies are the same and interchangeable. I have the same body on my 2wd (#6811R) with my bashing and after painting and owning the body, it has alot of cracks in the wheel wells and the body flexes alot. IMO the ProLine or Jconcepts bodies might have a stronger lexan material. I have a PL body myself and I have only a couple cracks in it from owning it. (for 7+ years) Next is tires. The traxxas SCT tires are junk. The traxxas branded tires might be slightly better (like the Khumos and the BF goodrich tires) I would rather go with a PL or Duratrax SCT tire as they might hook up better and last a little longer. I am running the Duratrax Six Pack SC's on my slash 2wd and they run amazing. They have alot of traction on the street and I can get through thick grass way easier than the stock traxxas tires/wheel combos. With the bumpers, I upgraded mine to RPM (Front and Rear) and I like the design of the bumpers and protect the car. The stock bumpers are fine but the RPM ones have 0 flex and the stock ones have some flex.

Here is my slash 2wd with the traxxas clear body. Soon I will be getting either the PL or the Jcon silverado body to make it look more scale and maybe stronger.
Some things to note is that the Duratrax tires I am running have a bigger sidewall and a little beefier tire than stock. It is still the same size which is 2.2/3.0.

PXL_20230201_213508201.jpg

Something I forgot to include is that the PL and Jcon bodies have to be cut out and have to drill out the body holes as with the traxxas one, it is pre-cut.

Last edited:
Back