New servos?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbadee5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay I want to get a stronger steering servo for my tmaxx but I'm lost when it comes to servos. I don't understand how you know if the servo will still work with your current radio or if you have to buy all new things. Please explain to me how they work and how to go about buying new servos.

SAVOX Servos are the way to go... I just put a Savox in my MAXX & love it

I saw you post this question in another thread
What about an 80 oz in my tmaxx when stock is 40. Will that give any improvement on steering.
I would recommend more torque for the steering, anything over 200 oz is what most people recommend. If your current servo only has 40 oz you could look at the chop shops on Ebay and just grab a stronger stock one for pretty cheap. If at all possible though, look at the higher end servos (Hitec, Savox, etc). You will also want a decent travel rate, .17 sec is about as slow as I would go.

A little slow @ .23/.19 sec transit speed but it is way better than stock or the other you posted and it is metal geared.

If you have the money or are able to save for the one I linked to in this thread, you'll have enough torque to turn any tire you put on that Maxx.