New rules require telemarketers to identify themselves on Caller ID

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about time. I got caller ID and hate it when the "Out of area" calls show up. I am also on the National No Calls list. I pick up the out of area calls every once in a while and give em a hard time with a script I picked up off the internet. Sometimes I let them go through the whole dance then I stop them and ask them to go into more detail about something they said earlier. It messes em up everytime. I could sometimes hear them turning back the pages to double check. Then I just hang up. A few are bold enough to call back and say that they were disconnected, I tell them nope I hung up on them, then hang up again. If they call back, I let them know that I am on the National no calls list. Then it's click again but it's usually them doing the clicking.

LOL. I remember watching a TV show (I think it was The Drew Carry show) and the person took an air horn to the phone and squeezed the trigger. :) I wonder how effective that is? =devil

Pretty effective. One telemarketer called me up early in the morning. (I work evenings and don't wake up till 11 am). He pissed me off so bad that I asked him to hold on and gave him the loudest whistle I could. You know the kind we use here in NYC when hailing a cab ... needless to say, he hung up.

WTF, before the new rules I got 0 telemarketing calls because I got this service from my phone company called privacy manager. Basically it means you must show your phone number or it will not come through to me. I have had it for about 8 months and like I said 0 spam calls. Now with the new rules, since they must show their numbers anyway I have gotten 10 calls in 2 days. The new rules helps some and screws some.