AKA poratable tire balancer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Not sure exactly where to post this as there is no tire/wheel sub forum so I thought Id put this here since it generally get the most traffic.

AKA came out with a new compact hand held tire balancer. Looks pretty cool and is definatly portable but the $35 price tag seems a bit steep to me seeing as how I didnt even pay that much for the big stationary one I have thats way more adjustable at works on any hex/tire size (at least up to the Losi 420 series tires....havent tried 40 series tires yet as I dont own any.

What do you guys think?

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=11496

I think it's great, the dynamite one w/ stand is $44. Hudy w/ the stand is closer to $70. Seems like price is pretty much right on.

I like how this one mounts backwards so the open end of the wheel is easier to access for putting the putty in. I'm getting one as soon as they are available.

I bought a Dubro prop balancer for I wanna say it was 25 or 30 bucks. Then I simply made a new base for it so I could widen the stand as far as the spinning rod would allow and the cones on the rod allow you to balance any size wheel provided its not any wider than a 420 series Losi tire.

I do like how the AKA balancer snaps on and the way it snaps on like you said but I think for 2 small pieces of aluminum its a little pricey. That being said Its probably good quality being from AKA and if your a serious racer and you needed to do an emergency balance on a tire at the track it could be a life saver.

I think the dynamite one works great but is also over priced but you can only use it on 17mm tires or 17mm and 12mm if you spend another 10 bucks for the adapter. 23, 20, and 14mm you are out of luck. IDK how versatile the Hudy one is but I know your paying about 40 bucks just for the name. I believe it is also fairly limited in what size hexes it uses also. someone needs to start designing these wheel balancers to work with all sizes or hexs and tires that dont have hexes like some of the Traxxas 2WD stuff. IMO