1.9 class rules

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I thought I would share the new USRCCA class rules for the brand new 1.9 inch class. I think the rules are great, it's definitely going to be a drivers class because the rules are keeping things spec, which will allow guys who can't afford the newest MOA axles and dig to remain competitive.

o 2.1.2.2 – 1.9 Class body must be 2.75” minimum height on sides. No less than 9” total length and full original width, and no less than 3” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)

Quote:
o 2.1.3.5 - 1.9 class minimum overall bodiless dimensions must be 6.75” overall length, 2.5” overall width, & 3.25” overall height.

Quote:
2.4 - Class 3 – Class 1.9: If a Class 3 vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2 or Class 1 respectively.
• 2.4.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 8.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
• 2.4.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 8 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
• 2.4.3 - Vehicle is limited to 1.9 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 1.9 inches in diameter. Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 4.25 inches.
• 2.4.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
• 2.4.5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 channels radio control (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
• 2.4.6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
• 2.4.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.
• 2.4.8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class.
• 2.4.9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
• 2.4.10 – 1.9 Crawler class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 6.75" overall length, 2.5" overall width, and 3.25" overall height.
• 2.4.11 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.

So, now people can quit asking for separate berg and shaftie classes. You can run the 1.9 class if you don't want to get serious into spending money and be very competitive. Or if you want to build a no holds barred, comp rig and run rigs that take advantage of the newest technology, you can run in the 2.2 class. Then there's the super class for those who want to build a rig without worrying too much about rules. I think it's a win win situation. I was looking forward to competing with the cliff climber, but it will just have to be for fun, and I'll build a Losi for the comps, or better yet I might build a TLT rig just beacuse I want to have something different. 3 other manufacturers are getting ready to release 1/18 scale rigs soon enough though, if all goes as planned.

Also, EEM will be developing lots of aftermarket comp parts as will other companies, especially since its been named an official class.

Last edited:
they have a limit on voltage? is there a limit on 2.2s?

they have a limit on voltage? is there a limit on 2.2s?

Nope, no limit on voltage for the 2.2s. The 1.9 class was structured with the strictest rules for a reason. All the guys who don't have dig or Berg axles of course want it to be outlawed so they don't have to buy it. All the guys who have Berg axles or dig don't think they should be penalized for building a superior rig. So, the rules committee listened to their respective clubs and decided to structuer the 1.9 rules so that it would be a drivers class. The 1.9 class is going to be the most competitive class out there now because so much will be up to the driver. That way, the guys who don't want to spend as much or can't spend as much on their crawlers can have a class and stay quite competitive.

I can't wait!!! :D

Yes, but can you use reverse?
FILE27394.gif

That's a go, although you can't use rear steer. I made a smart ass comment about how the rules said that you can use two wheel steering so I would drive my rig like a forklift, and now the 1.9 rules specifically say front wheel steering only :\ No forklift driving for me :(