New RCN member

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowmanja

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I'm new to RCNT and to RCing in general.
i will start by introducing myself, my name is jasa and I'm from sunny UK. enough about me, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice/help with a Nitro RC i have just bought second hand???

firstly its a 1/10 nitro kyosho road car. having bought the car, it was running perfectly with no faults. but when trying to start it recently it would not respond to the controller. with the engine off the controls work perfectly. but when starting the engine the electrics on the car behave erratically. e.g. accellerating and decelerating and turning left and right randomly.

Please can anyone help me???

thank you

Welcome to RCNT. Post your question in the General Nitro forum where it will get the most attention, and you'll get the advise you'll need.

OK, Have you made sure that the transmitter and receiver both have fresh batteries? Has the car gotten into any moisture at all?

From the sounds of it you've probably got a loose connection somewhere and when you start the engine the vibrations cause that connection to sputter, causing your glitching.

I second the battery advice; grab a pack of 12AA batteries and change them out. There are 8 in the radio, and 4 on the car (assuming a rechargeable pack is not installed).

If the problem does not go away, look for loose wires, or wires with skinned coating. Also check to make sure the actual antenna wire on the receiver is not damaged or broken. Try gently wiggling the wires, and see if the problem gets better/worse. Don't be afraid to poke and probe at it.

If none of these steps cure the problem, you might have a damaged radio system. But fear not; you can easily replace the radio system.

OK, Have you made sure that the transmitter and receiver both have fresh batteries? Has the car gotten into any moisture at all?

i put all new batteries, 4 in the car and 8 in the controller, dont think theres any moisture, but will check today. thanks for your help
jasa

hey thanks for the advice i will do.
jasa

I second the battery advice; grab a pack of 12AA batteries and change them out. There are 8 in the radio, and 4 on the car (assuming a rechargeable pack is not installed).

If the problem does not go away, look for loose wires, or wires with skinned coating. Also check to make sure the actual antenna wire on the receiver is not damaged or broken. Try gently wiggling the wires, and see if the problem gets better/worse. Don't be afraid to poke and probe at it.

If none of these steps cure the problem, you might have a damaged radio system. But fear not; you can easily replace the radio system.

hey, thanks for the advice, I'm just gunna jump in there and check everything, hopefully itl all go back together.lol
thanks again, and thanks again to all who helped an rc novice. reassuring to know that there are some guys out there willing to help:bow:

No problem, we were all novices at one point or another. Part of the hobby is helping novices when they ask for help.

After re-reading your description, you might want to check the switch; simply jiggle the on-off lever. Also, check to make sure your battery pack on the car is nice and solid. It could be slightly damaged/worn. You could also troubleshoot the switch by plugging the battery pack directly into the receiver. Just be careful to observe polarity (wire color).

If the switch and the battery holder check out, then you might have a damaged receiver (which is unlikely, but possible).

If that doesn't work, then chances are you have a make-or-break metal connection. About the best way to cure that is to upgrade to an FM radio, which is not susceptible to metal-on-metal-caused interference.

Good luck on troubleshooting the issue.

Back