New parts and other stuff coming in for rustler and slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Ordered some parts last night. RPM Front and Rear arms, RPM Front bulkhead - for rustler
A 522 pc hex screw and nut kit
Tool kit with 1.5-3.0mm hex, 4-7mm nut drivers, Philips and flat head drivers

For my tools that I have - I have 1.5-2.5mm hex drivers and for nuts I have the traxxas 4 way wrench that comes with traxxas cars.

New parts:
RPM Bulkhead
RPM Front arms
RPM Rear arms
screw and nut kit
tool kit

Next parts/upgrades for slash and rustler:
pit mat for work bench
lcg chassis - slash
5x11x4mm bearings (steering and axle carriers)
Aluminum Axle carriers - rustler
Aluminum Caster,Steering, Axle blocks/carriers - slash
New body - rustler (Going for Jconcepts 2012 silverado 1500 illuzion body)
New body - slash (Going for proline 19 silverado 1500)
Metal gear and waterproof servo - rustler
Tires - slash

My Slash 2wd is a tank, the RPM arms are amazing, I did tons of flips with my Slash today, I had a ton of weird landings, it’s still fine and intact. I recommend the rpm caster blocks and rear bearing carriers, they are super strong (mainly if you bash pretty hard).

My Slash 2wd is a tank, the RPM arms are amazing, I did tons of flips with my Slash today, I had a ton of weird landings, it’s still fine and intact. I recommend the rpm caster blocks and rear bearing carriers, they are super strong (mainly if you bash pretty hard).
On my slash I haven't broken any caster, steering blocks or axle carriers. On my rustler 2wd I upgraded to aluminum caster and steering blocks. I didn't get the traxxas ones I got the Hobbypark ones that were about $20 cheaper than the traxxas ones.
Very cool, post some pics.
Just got my tool kit in and screw/nut kit in. The RPM arms and bulkhead for rustler will be here Friday-Monday.
20211013_170809.jpg
20211013_170826.jpg
20211013_170904.jpg

Lol, i broke my Slash 2wd left caster block due to a head-on collision with my Arrma Typhon 3s.

Lol, i broke my Slash 2wd left caster block due to a head-on collision with my Arrma Typhon 3s.
Me and my dad ran into each other. I had my slash and he had the rustler. On the rustler it broke the stock plastic bellcrank and on the slash I broke one of the shock caps on the stock ultra shocks. I had the slash for 5 years so I just upgraded the shocks to the Big bores. Now on the slash I have these hobbypark shocks.

Me and my dad ran into each other. I had my slash and he had the rustler. On the rustler it broke the stock plastic bellcrank and on the slash I broke one of the shock caps on the stock ultra shocks. I had the slash for 5 years so I just upgraded the shocks to the Big bores. Now on the slash I have these hobbypark shocks.
Wow, my shocks and shock caps have been perfect, I got the car 3 years ago and no issues or breakages with them.

On my slash I haven't broken any caster, steering blocks or axle carriers. On my rustler 2wd I upgraded to aluminum caster and steering blocks. I didn't get the traxxas ones I got the Hobbypark ones that were about $20 cheaper than the traxxas ones.

Just got my tool kit in and screw/nut kit in. The RPM arms and bulkhead for rustler will be here Friday-Monday.
View attachment 134954View attachment 134956View attachment 134957
That's a good tool kit for traxxas vehicles nice score.👍👍 can never go wrong with extra hardware. Nicely done bud 👍👍

The suspension is alot softer now. For the shocks I am running my extra pair of big bores in the front and the stock ultra shocks in the back. Once I get the rear big bore shocks rebuilt I will put it in the rear and keep the ultra shocks for extra. For the rear big bore I need the rod ends where it goes into the arm. I an going to order those tonight.