New Part for My Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while,let's update this thread :yes:

I literally just got home from the shop. I finally took so time and mounted the part on my truck. Originally I thought I would make a complete replacement wheely bar for it but as I got to working on it,it turned out to be easier to just make it an add-on to the HPI wheely bar already installed on the truck. Since it's hot in the shop(no a/c)I went with easy. :D It's not my best work,looks more like an Olds style mod(no offense Bryan) but it should do the job.

It's tempting to go fire it up and try it now,but I don't want to offend my neighbors :shrug: Hopefully I'll have some video for you all tomorrow night. Until then,here's few pics to tide you over :)

81et.jpg

p921.jpg

4kpq.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty neat.

Replaceable parts?
Might want to keep your eye on how long your wheelies are also, the metal isnt going to take long to heat up and melt the plastic its attached to.

Yep,the sparker is an off-the-shelf item. Heat won't be a problem,the plastic is thick so it'll actually be a good insulator. I am curious to see how long it takes to wear out though.

Sweet

I can relate to the dragging idea, I've drug plenty of trailer balls with my sonoma.

If this works I'm mounting roman candles to mine. In all seriousness, I was thinking the otherday with the amount of fuel/oil gunk coming out of the exhaust, I'm thinking of getting one of those refillable pen torches and seeing if:
1. Will exhaust light?
2. Can pen torch be mounted!
3. How likely will I have a molten pile of parts when pooled gunk in exhaust lights.

Shouldn't be parking on the street when they have a driveway. This is my cul de sac, I stand by the original 3.

Sorry guys,have to wait another night for a video. Went with my brother to visit my mom and didn't get back in time to run tonight.

Ahh, got an email saying you had posted and thought "finally!", one more day.

What are you talking about?!?!? That looks factory!

yea.. um.. i dont see any hose clamps, or steel bar. definitely not an olds mod. :D

Racer, i saw that thing at walmart a few weeks ago, and recognized it as what you had. They also have one that holds chalk, so you can do art!

:D

Well guys,I did test it tonight. Lots of problems and really just torqued me off :angry: The bar appears that it will work fine but I have to fix some issues with my Savage.

The first time out,I couldn't hardly get a wheely out of it,just lots of tire spin with a severe pull to the right. I took it back in to check it out. The pinion gear was missing a couple of teeth(BP diffs here I come)so I swapped in my locked diff and swapped to the super soft stock tires.

I took it back out for another try but it didn't do much better. It would pull a wheely easier but still had a hard pull to the right. I'm going to have to get that sorted out and try again. I'm not sure what to check but it'll all be apart tomorrow night! Here's a short clip of what I did get out of it. Stay tuned,it ain't over yet!!! :angry:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QUshJlXEbM"]‪Spark Bar Test 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Racer, i saw that thing at walmart a few weeks ago, and recognized it as what you had.

Shhhhhh! I want to get some,make the mounts and sell'em!

I'm guessing your "pull to the right" is due to the new sparker dragging unevenly. Plastic slides much easier causing less drag. Whatever it is you have in there to make sparks has more bite on the pavement.

You may be better off removing all the pins but one center one for sparking. Then it won't pull one way or the other. Hell, may even act like a rudder that way and help keep it straight!

Back