New Off-Track, Rocky Mount, North Carolina, Interested? Long

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finiata

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm Interested in building an off-road track in the city limits off Rocky Mount... I'm going through the City to have the land donated... They have an enormus amount of land along the Tar river that is unbuildable, per federal law, after the flood a couple of years ago... My ? is who wants to help? Who has ideas?
If you've built a track & have pointers let me know... If you live around the area & would race here let me know... The more interest we can generate the more the city may "invest in our track"... This will be a non-profit track but we will need to charge some thing for upkeep...
I'm 35 & my wife is the Planning Adminstrater for the City Of Rocky Mount, I'm not talking about a backyard track... I'm talking about Us pulling together, Pulling some strings, Pulling a few long days & getting ourselves a sweet place to race, run, rap,& relax... I'll be talking with the Ass. City Manager in the next couple of weeks... So E-mail me with ?'s or concerns... I'm putting a list together of the things we'll need to make this happen & who's interested... I would like for everyone who's interested to give there name & town so I can show this will bring people into town... Thanks,

Mike Finney
[email protected]

I live in Florida(Sarasota) and wish some one here had your enthusiasum for doing a track here like the one you mentioned, although I am not much help being in another state I would endorse and support anyones idea to make some thing like this happen in any town in any state! I respect your passion for the hobby and wish you well in your ideas. Good luck!
P.S. IF YOU BUILD IT,THEY WILL COME!

Last edited:
I live in Charlotte, NC, and that'd be by far the best off-road track anywhere around here. I'd go to it maybe once a month or so. (Rocky Mount is a little over 4 hours away)

And I've got a bunch of buddies that'd go as well.

I live in Benson. Not too far. I know how to operate a shovel:)

Thanks for the input. & I've got another ?... Does anybody here help keep up or run a track?... I need to get a feeling of the time involved of keeping ththe track in running order, liability for stupid people, supervision & what not...

Thanks

Mike Finney

Back