New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 Plus RTR Help Me Decide (Very Sorry About Redundancy)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pls4ms

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
New Nitro RS4 EVO+ RTR or NTC3 or Ofna GTP2 *EDIT* (Very Sorry About Redundancy)

Sorry in advanced for this question, as I know it's been asked MANY times before (in various forums) -- but my searches weren't entirely satisfying. Looking to buy new one of the two subject RTR setups, and just getting opinions about which you'd suggest and why. Which is faster stock out of the box (acceleration and top end)? Lower maintenance? Easier starts?

I won't be racing, just having fun around local parking lots and streets (bashing). But I'm not hard on my cars. However, this is my first nitro (decent with engines).

*Edit: Sorry to complicate things more, but I'll throw the Ofna Ultra GTP2 into the mix as well. Is this as quality of a vehicle as the RS4? As quick (low & top end)? Would the 1/8 scale be better for normal roads? I'd say right now it's between the RS4 & Ofna, but don't know much about the latter.

Thanks again,
Pete

Last edited:
i have no experience with the RS4 so my reply may not mean anything but I did own a NTC3 at one point. I liked the kit itself quite alot actually but in the end onroad ended up being not my thing. I have to say though that if all your gonna be doing is bashing I think youd be happy with either kit. I know the RS4 has a good reputation as does the TC3.

Sorry i can't give you an answer more along the lines of what your looking for.

I have had an rs4 and ran several others. Car has been around and evolved for a long time. It is a well built car and handles and performs well. I'm sure the TRX does as well. As with the guy above this probably doesn't help at all but now you know they are both good kits. Just a question of which one you like more.

TC3 is an associated kit not a TRX kit but yeah I think either way you go you will be fine. However it just occured to me that I believe that There is now a TC4 available so you may want to look into that instead of the TC3.

Oops read that to fast thought he was talking about the trx 4 tec. Doh!yes tc3 is a great car as well.

I built the RS4 3 18SS kit years ago, I loved that RC I plan to buy another RS4 down the line. I have no experience with the NTC3. I never had a problem with my RS4 3, and it flew off the line. This is just my personal experience.

When we used to have a track near by, in the 1/10 scale touring everyone preferred the RS4.

I dont race, and only use my RS4 3 for parking lot running, and I love it. Mine is the original RS4 3 RTR, I did add a sway bar kit, replaced the battery tray with the carbon fiber upper deck and used a 5 cell flat pack, as well as a few other misc mods. It is over 10 years old now, and it is still a very fun well built car. I would definately recommend one.

I've had an RS42 for a long time and besides being belt driven which sucks because pebbles do get caught in them once in awhile. I think the RS4 evo 3 is the way to go and I'll tell you why. For one it has a more powerful engine: an .18 compared to a .15. For two it comes with a 2.4 radio system. It's not the most advanced but it beats am radio anyday of the week. Third the evo 3 is a newer car that is more up to date. Nothing against the nitro tc3 but these are the things you should be looking for when shopping. From personal experience I would stay off of the street because its harder on the tires and your more likely to bottom out which takes it toll on the chassis. Find a very nice tennis court and its like heaven to drive on.

I currently have 3 - RS4’s, 2 - NTC3’s, and 2 - 4Tecs
The RS4’s are my favorites of those listed.

Thank you very, very much for your replies -- appreciated. It's been helpful. Not to complicated things, but I just edited the OP and threw the Ofna GTP2 1/8 into the mix.

What do you think about that option? Is it as quality of a RTR as the RS4? As quick (low and top end)? I've heard that the 1/8 is better for normal roads, if it's not as fun to drive then I'll stick with the RS4.

Thanks again,
Pete

I just recently purchased an ofna dm 1 spec and I've had 3 problems out of the gate. The first issue was they sent me a tire that was mounted backwards because they're directionals. Second problem was a silicone plug stuck in my pipe which resulted in me not being able to start it. The third problem was my steering servo just blew and I had half of a tank on that servo. The car seems really well built and is easy to work on. Just some minor flaws. This car also comes with an ofna .28 which packs two horsepower.

Back