New Member - High Desert CA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrigsRacing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Long time racer…. I have Ben out of racing for about 15 years. Son (21) said dad let’s go to the track…. LMFAO 🤣 He drove me to the local indoor track Coyote Hobbies. I walked in and I was so amazed. I come from racing 1/8 Scale Truggy Nitro. I raced a long time for Mugen. I Never raced Electric off-road. I spent 2 hours at the track talking and interacting with people, I was totally blown away. I ended up walking out with two kits B6.4D and the B74.2D. 😝. So about 15 years ago I sold everything. Now I’m getting back into it. Looking for Radio used the ko propo. Need help with looking at the Noble nb4 pro, or any suggestions also looking for a charger something like the I-charger DX8. Any suggestions.

Welcome back!

Now that is a mean looking charger. You should be able to charge everyone's batteries between heats with that 😜

Long time racer…. I have Ben out of racing for about 15 years. Son (21) said dad let’s go to the track…. LMFAO 🤣 He drove me to the local indoor track Coyote Hobbies. I walked in and I was so amazed. I come from racing 1/8 Scale Truggy Nitro. I raced a long time for Mugen. I Never raced Electric off-road. I spent 2 hours at the track talking and interacting with people, I was totally blown away. I ended up walking out with two kits B6.4D and the B74.2D. 😝. So about 15 years ago I sold everything. Now I’m getting back into it. Looking for Radio used the ko propo. Need help with looking at the Noble nb4 pro, or any suggestions also looking for a charger something like the I-charger DX8. Any suggestions.
Welcome to RCT!

That is an amazing charger and will probably be the next one I buy if/when my Hitec x2 700 goes tango uniform. :)

Welcome back!

Now that is a mean looking charger. You should be able to charge everyone's batteries between heats with that 😜
Well, looks like I found my next charger. Its so funny we were just talking about this. :)

I just finished building my B74.1D. The B74.2 and B6.4 are good current kits. For radios, The NB4 is a good one. Others like futaba and sanwa are good as well. Since you got previous experience with racing I would go and get the Futaba 7px or Sanwa M17. Those are good competition radios with a good feel and plenty of settings. With those radios you will be amazed on how R/C tech came along in the recent years. If you want to start out with cheaper radios I would look at the Futaba 4pm or 3pv. Or the sanwa side like the MT44. With chargers, the iChargers are great chargers. My uncle uses the 308 Duo and it is a great charger. Me getting into racing is using the SkyRC T200 dual charger. Other chargers like the HiTec X2, Hota D6 pro are all other great chargers as well.

I just finished building my B74.1D. The B74.2 and B6.4 are good current kits. For radios, The NB4 is a good one. Others like futaba and sanwa are good as well. Since you got previous experience with racing I would go and get the Futaba 7px or Sanwa M17. Those are good competition radios with a good feel and plenty of settings. With those radios you will be amazed on how R/C tech came along in the recent years. If you want to start out with cheaper radios I would look at the Futaba 4pm or 3pv. Or the sanwa side like the MT44. With chargers, the iChargers are great chargers. My uncle uses the 308 Duo and it is a great charger. Me getting into racing is using the SkyRC T200 dual charger. Other chargers like the HiTec X2, Hota D6 pro are all other great chargers as well.
DavidB1126 you are spot on, I’m so glad to hear that what I was thinking about is what others are as well…. Another question the B74.2D are the parts for the B74.1D compatible with it. Like rear and front arms, I’m looking to upgrade the bearings to ceramic sealed are they compatible?

DavidB1126 you are spot on, I’m so glad to hear that what I was thinking about is what others are as well…. Another question the B74.2D are the parts for the B74.1D compatible with it. Like rear and front arms, I’m looking to upgrade the bearings to ceramic sealed are they compatible?
Yes most B74.1 and B74 parts are compatible with the B74.2. Heck the B64 parts might be the same too. With these kits like the .1 and the .2 are just some minor upgrades like my B74.1 has 12mm shocks. The new B74.2 has 13mm shocks. This can also go along with the B6.4 and the B6.3 and other older cars. Don't forget that the D is the dirt version and the normal version is for carpet/turf. Differences are that the carpet has a slipper clutch and the dirt has a center diff and some set up changes. I seen a couple of pics of the B74.2 chassis and it looks almost identical to my B74.1D. Also a couple of brands copy off of other brands. Xray is the main brand. I look at my uncle's Xray 2017 XB4C and it looks identical to my B74.1D (well chassis wise and other stuff besides the slipper/diff part)

For that bearing stuff, bearing sizes might be different between the .1 and .2 so try to find a kit what says B74.2D. Fast Eddy, whitz racing, I think another brand called Avid RC are all good bearings.
This is what I would get for those bearings https://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=3779&kitname=B74.2

This is the only kit I found for the B74.2 so I am guessing that the .1 bearings or the OG B74 bearings are compatible.
Not sure, I am just starting out with racing so yea.
Nvm that link was normal bearings. Here is Trinity ceramic bearings for the B74.1.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/trinit...FM_K9JubvJDmITNexQNkhI97anwS49nRoC1XkQAvD_BwE

I will post in a B74 FB group. Bearings should be all the same sizes and kits but just wanna make sure.

Last edited:
Just checked and yes they are the same. Here is what one FB person recommended https://www.amainhobbies.com/j-t-be..._A8hX_Is4h7yYyqqI7kFKfAnoB9QdvPxoCS7AQAvD_BwE

https://m.facebook.com/groups/724784204631830/permalink/1605360233240885/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Looks like some people are saying that some bearings in the .2 are flanged. Well first what are you doing with the buggy? Stock 13.5 or MOD racing? If 13.5 you might like ceramic for more free drivetrain) for mod the stock bearings should be fine. I would wait a while because this is a new kit that was released about 3 months ago I think.

Last edited:
Just checked and yes they are the same. Here is what one FB person recommended https://www.amainhobbies.com/j-t-be..._A8hX_Is4h7yYyqqI7kFKfAnoB9QdvPxoCS7AQAvD_BwE

https://m.facebook.com/groups/724784204631830/permalink/1605360233240885/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Looks like some people are saying that some bearings in the .2 are flanged. Well first what are you doing with the buggy? Stock 13.5 or MOD racing? If 13.5 you might like ceramic for more free drivetrain) for mod the stock bearings should be fine. I would wait a while because this is a new kit that was released about 3 months ago I think.
I’m racing stock 13.5.

I am using a loaner transponder from my uncle. which is the MyLAPS RC3 direct powered transponder. Most people use MyLAPS but talk to your local track to see what people use and what works with their timing system. Also if you get a new transponder you would have to tell them to hook up your name and class into their system or it will say unknown driver and the trans number.
Transponders get expensive real quick so make sure you got the money.

Also what transponders are people using?
That depends on the track. You should check with them where you plan to race
Ceramic bearings will make 0 difference. Biggest factor that will make a difference is practice.