New member here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixmatos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all! I’m new into the RC world and have a couple of questions;
I’m looking for my first RC and like the rock crawlers and the 1/16 scale 4x4s like the Traxxas Summit…
I want something to crawl but a little faster.
Is there’s something thay does both things?
I like the TRX-4 Sport, can I upgrade engine to make it faster?
Thanks in advance…

Welcome aboard! I think the Trx4's with the 2speed move pretty quick. If you want to go faster than that you should go with two different vehicles. Crawlers aren't meant to go fast. And bashers don't crawl worth a darn.

Welcome aboard! I think the Trx4's with the 2speed move pretty quick. If you want to go faster than that you should go with two different vehicles. Crawlers aren't meant to go fast. And bashers don't crawl worth a darn.
I agree. And my scx10.2 tops out at 18-21mph. Not bad for a crawler. Welcome e in @felixmatos

I agree. And my scx10.2 tops out at 18-21mph. Not bad for a crawler. Welcome e in @felixmatos
But the trx-4 sport has two speeds? I watched a video of a guy installing a Titan 12T and the thing was really fast compared to the stock version… is that something you can do? Without any other upgrades to vehicle? Thanks

But the trx-4 sport has two speeds? I watched a video of a guy installing a Titan 12T and the thing was really fast compared to the stock version… is that something you can do? Without any other upgrades to vehicle? Thanks
The faster your kit can go the less capable it will be for crawling. If you really want to go faster than the TRX-4 stock Id look at the Axial Ryft or the Losi Lasernut as mentioned before. You can totally put a 12T motor in a TRX-4 if you wanted. I wouldnt use a Titan though.

I don't know how the RTR run Ryft is with low speed or high speed, since it only has the single speed trans in it. But our Ryft with the 2-speed and Tekin RX4 ESC and ROC412 HD 2300kv motor crawls pretty slow, and has some good speed. But it's not very stable on flat ground while cornering in high gear. If it had some hub extensions on it, it would be a lot better in between the crawling spots, because it will move pretty quick.
20220322_003102.jpg

The faster your kit can go the less capable it will be for crawling. If you really want to go faster than the TRX-4 stock Id look at the Axial Ryft or the Losi Lasernut as mentioned before. You can totally put a 12T motor in a TRX-4 if you wanted. I wouldnt use a Titan though.
Which motor you recommend? Remember that I’m talking about the TRX-4 Sport
Thanks

for a brushed 12T? probably something from Holmes Hobbies.
Thanks
I did some research and found a video with a TRX4 Sport and a Holmes Crawlmaster Sport 550 8T… is that something you recommend?
What about to control the speed? Thanks

Thanks
I did some research and found a video with a TRX4 Sport and a Holmes Crawlmaster Sport 550 8T… is that something you recommend?
Not owning that kit, I can only recommend the brand, I'm hesitant to recommend a specific motor.

Thanks
He only recommends running the 8t on 2s. 3s will burn it up