New LST XXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it back together today, and installed the RPM arms. I boiled the replacement steering blocks to hopefully make them last a little longer, I guess I'll order a servo saver with my next order.

Might want to look into an OS short header. The losi header is very long and kinda turns that endbleed into a low end only pipe.

I used the two piece and shortened the stock header, but i had i short Os header with the same bends as the losi. I just dont remember the part mumber.

Thanks man, I'll look into it.

WHAT? Something totally new to me. Could you fill me in on what this does? Might be helpful to a lot of guys.

I've read about it a few times before, people say it'll make some plastic parts a little more flexible. Supposedly boiling them forces the nylon blended in them to absorb the moisture causing them to be not as brittle.

Done it on every Tmaxx part i ever changed including RPM, I was rough on my Maxx trucks and i did notice a considerable difference in the durability of the front pieces

Done it on every Tmaxx part i ever changed including RPM, I was rough on my Maxx trucks and i did notice a considerable difference in the durability of the front pieces
It definitely helped, I ran it last weekend with no broken parts.

Looks like good quality stuff! Quick question it seems that the diffs are a very weak link on these LST style rugs? I was considering purchasing one from my brothers friend but he said he has put several sets of diffs in it and they do not hold up that well. I am sure with some shimming would prob help out but it seems from what I have researched that diffs are pretty high priced for the LST platforms.

Do you know if he was using the HD cup?

I haven't heard too many issues with the diffs, especially if you stay nitro. The HD diff cup that Losi has out and comes stock in the XXL seems to be pretty stout, mine was torn up from pieces of the ring and pinion. I know on the older ones, the diff cups would get worn where the pins for the bevel gears sat, this would in turn cause the bevel gears to strip. My bevel gears and inside of my diff cup looked fine, the only thing that ruined them was the fact that I kept running it after I knew my ring and pinion were going, the pieces of metal cut grooves into the outside of the cup and actually went deep enough to cause them to leak. If I hadn't found the IRC cups for as cheap as I got them, I would've probably just gone with the stock ones again. I'm also pretty sure that my stock diffs may have lasted a little longer if I hadn't thrown the "big" tires on it, they're a bit heavier and taller than stock.

Schrode is right. I have a nitro XXL and a LST2 Electric conversion. neither of these trucks had diff issues on nitro. on 6S the LST2 definitely tore up a couple of diffs. replaced them with HD diffs and havent had a problem since.