New Losi tenacity DB pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone had any prob with the AVC ? I installed the bluetooth in the radio and it did a firmware update and now the AVC is all jacked up. I turned the AVC off and it still didnt work idk what happed.

I had issues with the tenacity truggy's avc and I ended up rebinding and completely reset up the radio. It fixed the issue.
I haven't tried the avc with the db pro.

Well I ended up getting 13 mins out of a cheap 6k 2s lipo in race type conditions and the motor was barely warm. So far so good with the stock motor.
I really like how it drives.
I'm so use to driving my tenacity truggy on 3s it's taking some time getting use to the lack of power from a 2 s lipo

The dx5c, the upgrade motor plate, and 2 6500mah 100c 2s lipos showed up today. With a 14hour work day today I didn't have time to set anything up. Hopefully I can get off at a decent time tomorrow so I can get this all set up

Work always gets in the way. Hope you find the time. Going to be great. Let us know.

Just got it setup. Turned that freaking avc off and got the telemetry setup. Couldn't get the mah counter setup for some reason but the rest of the stuff works. Also getting more steering out of the new radio. Always a good thing. I added a bit of negative expo on the throttle to help with the cogging on start up.

The stock motor mount weighs 60 grams and the new one only weighs 24 grams. So that a plus

Now all I need is some daytime off work and the weather to cooperate

I need a in-depth course on dual rates and expos. I hear everyone talking or referencing them and know very little about them. Good to hear you where able to set up telemetry. Hope you get out soon

Ordered some 3.0 arms . The tires rub when fully turned on the stock arms with the 15° hubs. The 3.0 arms were redesigned because of this issue

Hoping the new update for the dx5c will be out shortly. Apparently there is an incompatibility with the smart radio and smart esc. Was told it will be out any day now.

The esc cogs really bad if running stock on 2s. Ran it on 3s yesterday and today and it's there just a tad with the 17 tooth gear and non existant with the 13 and 15 tooth gear. For running around my yard the 13 tooth (should be 38 to 40mph) was what I liked the best. Quick and controllable.
The stock motor 68 for the high today want bearly warm after a full 3s 5k smc battery. I really liked how long it ran on the battery.

I really like this truck. It's the perfect truck for bashing in the yard and going to the track and racing your friends

Took the db pro to the scate park today. This thing flys so well. Easy to control. Got to full back flips out the bowl. Was launching 25+ft up and it handled it with no issues. My coworker had it doing cartwheels a few times unfortunately and it got a few scratches. Oher than that it handled it like a champ.
I really like this buggy

Took the db pro to the scate park today. This thing flys so well. Easy to control. Got to full back flips out the bowl. Was launching 25+ft up and it handled it with no issues. My coworker had it doing cartwheels a few times unfortunately and it got a few scratches. Oher than that it handled it like a champ.
I really like this buggy

Did you get your co-worker hooked?......:thumbs-up:

The scte 3.0 arms came in today. No more issues with the rim hitting the arm. Full turn with no issues!
Also the red paint on the rims was rubbing off so I got some nail polish from my daughter that was the exact color. So my rims look new again.

Well the body and wheels came in to change over my tenacity truggy. The db pros roll cage is slightly different. The standard db rollcage is having issues fitting the truggy with the pro kit. The db pros rollcage fits the truggy without issue. So there was a slight running change apparently. Also the dbs rollcage doesn't fit past the 3s battery strap hinge. The db pros cage is molded differently in that area too. I am going to take a heat gun to the cage and see if I can get the plastic to reshape this weekend. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 20191121_194035.jpg
    20191121_194035.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 20191121_193928.jpg
    20191121_193928.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 20191121_194134.jpg
    20191121_194134.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 20191121_193921.jpg
    20191121_193921.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 260
Heated up the cage on the original db cage so that it clears the motor and battery strap hinge. Also heated up the front so that it closes all the way. Had to do the same on the db pro as it didnt shut all the way either. Though the design change did allow it to close without hitting the strap hinge.

The larger motor in my old truggy is the reason it didnt clear on the motor side. The stock motor would have cleared

Attachments

• 20191124_122426.jpg
    20191124_122426.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 20191124_124302.jpg
    20191124_124302.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 20191124_124234.jpg
    20191124_124234.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 20191124_122449.jpg
    20191124_122449.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 20191124_122434.jpg
    20191124_122434.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 217
Well went to another scate park today. Jumped my db (every bit of 30+ ft high) it did a back flip and landed on the road. Both the heads popped off. So I put washers under the screws so it doesn't happen again. I also put a set of washers under the head screws on the db pro.

I uploaded the new 1.08v software in the dx5c radio and now the telemetry from the db pro works perfectly.

Took the db pro to the track. It ran great. Needs better tires for the dust covered hard packed track. The track was a bit on the rough side. The 1/8 buggies and truggies handled it a bit better than the tenacity did. The db got tossed around a little.
The db jumps well and had plenty of power to keep up with the 1/8th scales. Again I'm running 3s with a 13 tooth pinion. It would have struggled out there if it were on 2s as it's more of a 1/8th scale track.
I was impressed with how well it ran on the track. This is one heck of a buggy.

Debating getting 1/8 buggy tires or trying to find a set of short course for the track. I had good luck with duratrax xcon tires on my truggy with this type of track. They make them in a buggy tire but not a SC tire .

Went to an oval track on Saturday. It did great. Tires had way more grip than I expected for rtr tires. Had no issues running with the rest of the short course trucks that were built to race on the oval. I was running 3s. I max out at 38mph. There was one of the other trucks that was faster than me on the straights while running 2s. The rest were on par or maybe a mile and hour or so slower. Pretty much even playing field except I could run 10 mins and didnt have heat issues. They lasted 4 and a half mins and they were HOT.

Went back to the offroad track today. Got a little more comfortable running it. Today I was able to run with the 1/8th scale truggies and buggies with no issues. I am very impressed with this truck and how well it runs

Oh I ordered a hobbywing 3660sl 3200kv 4 pole motor for the other db I built(13t pinion on 3s). Its power delivery was more suited for the track than the no name 3674 2650kv motor. It was more suited for the bigger tires and grass running truggy.
Ran 7 batteries back to back on the track and the motor stayed cool and had excellent power. can't really tell a difference between this and the spektrum motor. May be able to with more time but right now they both feel about the same.

I also ordered a set of aka enduro 3 sc premount tires for the losi scte. They are going on the built db as I really like the stock db pro the way it is.

Back