New E Maxx brushless recomendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What's a good brushless esc/motor combo for the new E Maxx? Probably not going lipo for a while, though we plan to cram as many nimh cells into it as we can. Well, 2-9 cell packs, anyways, because that's as many cells as his 977 can handle. Is there a waterproof b.l. esc? We'll be looking for fast high speed passes, but also gear down for general bashing on a variety of terrains. Trying to get the best of both worlds, if that's ever possible! Price is no object for the most part. Thanks as always.

Thanks a lot abadk9420. That's clear as day, even to us brushless virgins.

Thanks a lot abadk9420. That's clear as day, even to us brushless virgins.

No Problem, I have the older version of the E Maxx and I run the Novak HV 6.5 brushless system in it, but it is only rated for 2 7 cell batteries or 4s lipo so the Mamba Monster is for sure the way you want to go if you want to run that kind of voltage..

Do you have many problems with part breakage. I have the original E Maxx updated with 4908 drive line parts(no centers). Basically just wondering what upgrades you made to handle the extra power. The brushless bug is really startin' to bite.