Exceed Madwarrior 1/8 Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genuinegemini72

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and new to the RC hobby in general. I've been reading over many of the forums here and other places and, well, there doesn't seem to be much "help" in the Exceed discussion posts. Most of them end up just bashing the brand and ignoring the original poster's questions. That being said, I understand that Exceed is not at the forefront of RC hobby enthusiasts. However, it does seem a fine low-end investment for a beginner who doesn't have any experience, such as myself. If I break it then I haven't beat up a five or six hundred dollar car. Based on everything I have read and the videos I have watched, there seems to be an extensive amount of knowledge and insight as well as skill and technique that goes into understanding everything RC car related. I gather it is a long journey to grasp all of the various concepts and apply them successfully real-world. However, I am up to the challenge.

So, I have purchased an Exceed 1/8 Madwarrior brushless truggy. It's one of the newer ones with the blue and white shell as opposed to the older ones with the black and green shell. I know that doesn't matter to many as it's still an Exceed. Although, I must say that this thing has proven to be very durable. I have rolled it and cart-wheeled it. I have nose dived it and collided with countless tall roots, trees, curbs, etc. and it still just keeps on trucking. I haven't broken anything on it "yet", but I suspect it's only a matter of time ;o) which leads me to my questions.

Other than NitroRCX, is there any place else that I can purchase replacement parts for this car? Are there any other vehicles that share a design or configuration with the 1/8 Madwarrior? Will parts from a Madwarrior 1/8 Nitro work with the Madwarrior brushless setup? I would like to add some hop up parts just as a preventative measure and to also help improve my RC Mechanic skills, but NitroRCX seems to be the only place that lists some and they seem to always be out of stock.
Also, the car comes with:
540L (36x65mm) 2150kv Sensorless Brushless Motor
XeRun 100A-R Programmable ESC 2-4S LiPo 3A @ 5.75v
ND1009 Metal Geared Steering Servo
I know it states 2-4S, which as I understand it, 4S is simply two 2S batteries run in series or one 4S rated battery, but I am wondering if I can run 2x3S in this car or would I need to replace the motor and the ESC or just the ESC?

I appreciate the acceptance into the RCTalk forums and look forward to absorbing all the great information posted here. Thanks for viewing my post and any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

i think another brand is HSP, and i believe some redcat is the same. if i recall correctly its the esc that is the limiting factor for the batteries. exceed infinity was my first brushless, i abused the heck out of it, if i was unsure about taking my T-Maxx over something id run the exceed to test it out. finaly snapped a chassis launching out of a halfpipe at the skatepark, and started ovaling out the center driveshaft. just need a new chassis plate and should be back though. if i get it running again.

Exceed is has been around for awhile ,but just like any brand ,weather they be name brand or not ,they will eventually
discontinue that ride an stop producing parts!

With that said ,the best thing that you can do ,is to look out for used ,new ,an perhaps every roller on E-bay
that is on auction for spare parts for your model!

That's what I did On my Ae Mgt. truck for years ,I had accumulated so many parts ,that I had literely built
two whole trucks an still had a ton of parts for spares, I still look for parts ,even if I don't need them!....:hehe:

Back