New crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well after looking at chips amazing crawler and convincing myself that even though it is completely worth the asking price, i can't justify (read i'm broke) spending that much on a backyard, non comp, weekend crawler. I decided to set a budget at $500-600 and see what i could do. Thankfully i got to talk to charlie last night and he opened my eyes to a very doable project. Its partly doable since he is giving me an INSANE deal on a novak goat and hitec servo. I am going to get the ax-10 artr, slap in the novak goat along with my spektrum radio gear, and a maxamps lipo. I will be getting some aluminum on it before long but i think this will make a capable crawler for backyard fun. everything other than the lipo's have been ordered and i can't wait. THANKS CHARLIE!!!!!!

excellent to hear, i love my crawler....and it is just thr rtr with a couple of upgrades...

Your welcome man, glad I could help out. I talked to Corey this morning and told him that you were a good friend of mine and hopefully he'll get it shipped really quick.

Your welcome man, glad I could help out. I talked to Corey this morning and told him that you were a good friend of mine and hopefully he'll get it shipped really quick.

140.x600.dance.festival.open.jpg

Wow. um ok.......

She looks like she's trying to push one out.

Wow. um ok.......

She looks like she's trying to push one out.

Nope that's not it at all. She went to a rock crawling comp in June with a stock axial except all the pretty bling, and she couldn't get a break. She kept on starting out kicking ass and taking names, and on about the third gate she would rip the end link out in the rear. She got tired of it and built a fully built comp rig with nothing axial but the axles and tranny, everything else custom, and she just ran her first comp with it and didn't strip out a single end link.

because that was more cost effective than epoxing the link.

Jk

I want to see pictures of this new crawler!

-Michael

mine or his?

I'll have completed pictures of my budget build by the middle of next week.

So here's Charlie telling me to get an Axial. By the sound of it it won't last 5 mins the way i drive ;)

Conga Rats on the new crawler flm_savage, can't wait to see pics :D

No, it will last fine. Just be sure to thread the set screws into the rod end first, and then install the link onto it. My problem was that I was in a hurry to finish my repair and get back into the comp, so I didn't realize that I didn't even have the therads into the end link half way. Alpinehyperlite had a mostly stock axial as well with a nice motor and LiPo, and he didn't break anything at all, and we were on some NASTY rocks, nothing like the real rocks that some of you guys have the luxury of crawling on.

BritCrawler, I currently have a top secret project going on to build parts. I can't say a lot yet, but I can tell you that I'm working with someone and we will be releasing all kinds of cool parts for the axial, one of the first being an inexpensive mod that will prevent the rear steer that was causing my links to be in a bind.

Back