New construction site / time for a track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba 26

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just ordered my son a Revo. And the chruch down the road is also starting a large addition. I ask the super if I could have some of the fill dirt and he said no problem .So here I go the neighbors will hate it but the kids on the block will love it.

Got any ideas for the layout or the size of the track?:D

After a hour or two of scratching the ground with a 1'' pipe. To come up with the best shape for the area I have in the woods behind my house . It's going to be a heart shape. From start to finsh about 280' of track .The bottom of the heart will have a large burm. I'm going to lay this out with 4'' black drainage pipe that will be filled with dirt so it does not move. And the cars/trucks will have to stay on the outside of the pipe. This way I will not need two curbs. The cost for 100' of 4" roll of pipe is $44.00 X 3 is $132.00.

Last edited:
Right on! If you get a chance, take some pics of the progress and let us see. It's like a 'fix' for our RC addiction :D

I'ill start taking some pictures ,But I might need some help getting them on the forum. Today I priced 3'' drain pipe instead of 4" I think the 4" might hide the 1/10 scale cars to much. I also made my 3rd truckload of dirt today.The first burm is about 20' round . It's also nice to see my boy's learning how to work and not fight all the time. Not that they are bad , they're just 10 and 12.

I'ill start taking some pictures ,But I might need some help getting them on the forum. Today I priced 3'' drain pipe instead of 4" I think the 4" might hide the 1/10 scale cars to much. I also made my 3rd truckload of dirt today.The first burm is about 20' round . It's also nice to see my boy's learning how to work and not fight all the time. Not that they are bad , they're just 10 and 12.

Sweet. Now the kids have something to work on together, with dad. As soon as it's done, they'll be fighting over who's turn it is to drive.:D
I had a younger brother, we're weren't bad either, but dang we fought like cats and dogs.

I've attached the drawing of the track. I took photos but they didn't come out because of the shadows. Will try again and post. Bought the 4" drain pipe today and will start filling with dirt tomorrow with my boys. FYI the 3" drain pipe was $10.00 more a roll. Go figure?

Attachments

• RC Track 5 x 7.jpg
    RC Track 5 x 7.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 93
Day #4 working on the track started by moving dirt .I made 6 trips for the total of about 50 wheelbarrel laods, yes 50 and it do'nt go far. But we started filling the drain pipe . Built a 8' x 4' table top and a 4 x 6 ramp and have about 2 tons left for another burm. I started 8 am and finshed at 7 pm and do my feet hurt . Also got a call from UNREAL RC , hobby shop that my sons Revo is in .I will have to wait until the 15th payday to get it. And here are some more pitures.

Attachments

• burm.jpg
    burm.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 107
  • dirt in truck.jpg
    dirt in truck.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 103
  • supplies.jpg
    supplies.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 95
  • supplies 2.jpg
    supplies 2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 88
  • tabletop.jpg
    tabletop.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the pics bubba! And it looks like you got a good start to the track.

Ya might want to put something against that tree. If somehow the ramp got missed and hit the tree!! WOW(that might hurt). I have a motocross track and I used 50 gallon oil drums. Really boncy;)