New build coming up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the white and yellows are very popular...stiff in the back and soft up front.

I don't know if it is to large, but the fact that it is made by Integy Would keep me from buying it, there is usually a reason something is cheap and for a servo with those kind of specs to be that cheap in price, I would have to say it must also be they are cheap in the parts that they use to make it up, a servo in that range would normally sale in the $90 - 130 dollar range. it also says that it is for 1/5th scale cars like the 5B...so chances are that it is to big any way....

Last edited:
id use integy for the motors since they are so cheap but last but other than that id stay away from them...

Completely understood!

thinking about selling my t-maxx project to fund the crawler, but I'm not sure. Its fun to go fast sometimes........

yea man berg builds are not cheap by any means

I'm a good bit in and still not done

yeah the exact opposite of cheap....sell your maxx and then after the berg is running you can go brushless on something to get your need for speed back.

Now I have a modified tq3, rcvr, servo stretcher, losi rock claws (Thanks again Slowngreen), tcs chassis, and some traxxas big bore shocks. I have a guy thats wanting to buy my 3.3 t-maxx hoping for $300 from it (lots of extra parts and 3\4 gallon of nitro). With the $300 I'd like to get a lipo battery and charger, and a couple other little things. I'm absolutely lost on lipos and compatible charger though, so I will rely on the quality advice I have found here.

parts are starting to build up before u know it u'll be build your berg lol

yeah, One friend owes me $200 (axles), another owes me $250(esc and servo), and if I sell the maxx for $300 (lipo batt and charger, link kit), I should be able to get it just about done.

Bought some eight shooters, should be here by the end of the week or so. Is there a difference in the memory foams? i noticed different brands, but is it different.

Last edited:
sure theres a difference. some are firmer than others, some side hill way better than others...i liked proline memory foams in the rock claws personally with two 1/8th inch holes drilled in each wheel wich are partially covered by wieghts....

sure theres a difference. some are firmer than others, some side hill way better than others...i liked proline memory foams in the rock claws personally with two 1/8th inch holes drilled in each wheel wich are partially covered by wieghts....

That's pretty much the set up I have and it's working great....:D

Now I have wheels, tires, chassis plates,shocks, radio and reciever, servo stretcher, hopefully axles and suspension soon ("supposed" to get some money I'm owed this weekend)

parts list in growning

can't wait to see this build

well hurry up eddy!!!!! lol.

The $200 in my pocket and payday coming up thursday is saying hurry up too! Going to order axles and some other stuff by the end of the week. Plus I'm trying to get some Kamikaze links and skid plate.

I really would like to have the best of both worlds on the battery pack, power and run-time. This was recommended before http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php?productid=234&cat=0&page=1

anyone else wanna make a recommendation? If not, then this one looks good to me too.

that lipo would be pretty good, get the 3s...

that lipo would be pretty good, get the 3s...

does 3s refer to the cell count? I assume so. Would the 4s be a viable option? or would it be overkill? or just not possible to use? I plan on running a mamba max esc. Most all of the r\c's I've had are used and I've done slight mods, this is the first build it all that i've done.

The 3s says it is 11.1v, would I have to limit that to 7.2 or will the servo's, esc, motors, all handle the extra voltage?

If I'm correct a bec is used to drop the volatage to a more manageable level?

Since I'm completely new to lipo, what else would I need for the lipo setup i.e., charger (any recommendations?), ect, ect,

Last edited: