New 1/8th Engine to replace the VZB? O.S. in the works?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Wtf?

vzbvspec.jpg

sorry nothing more at this time, move along.:thumbup:

Maybe it's too early but are you needing a new engine or bitching about OS coming out with a new engine.

Oh yeah, looks like O.S. might be stepping up to the plate to meet the competition ;)

GO O.S.!

N.A., no comments please! I like O.S. hehehehe

Chris - I'm making a comment anyway, lol.

I am really glad to see it. Hopefully, OS recognized the problem, and are fixing it by coming out with this new option. That would be nice, because even though they havn't issued an announcement that something is wrong with the VZ, its obvious with this engine that they care about public opinion. I hope this engine is a powerhouse and corrects the bad stigma with the VZ. I always liked OS until recently, so I hope this changes mine and others negative views of the VZ. Go OS!

Well, I like their 15 cv-r(x) but not their 21 RG. I know of 2 .21's that blew up way to early. Mine and a friend of mine's. My crank busted in to two pieces, his conrod shattered. His broke in less than a gallon and mine broke right when I started gallon #3. We both run rich with temps around 200-220. The piston in mine is ok, but I can push it clear to the top of the sleeve with little effort. Bomber gave me his crank out of his old RG that blew up so we could have a backup engine on a shelf if need be. I'm thinking about getting the piston/sleeve pinched though. 2 gallons... it should still have some pinch left in it, but it really doesn't.

As for the 15, I have 6 gallons through it and it still screams.

If the price on the new engine is anything like the price on the VZ, I won't have to worry about it. $200 is my limit on engines since all I do is bash.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Maybe it's too early but are you needing a new engine or bitching about OS coming out with a new engine.

huh? Just surfin RC sites and came across this announcement, nothing more, nothing less. I t looks sweet ass if that means anything.

Personally, I don't like the design of the head. Too funky looking for me. It also looks like the fins could break easily. On the other hand, maybe this design helps dissipate heat better.

Back