Need tire info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
As some of you know, I'm starting my 2nd giant 1/5 scale Humm Vee. I have RokLox on the first one but I'm looking for a much more aggressive look on these, since it will be a mean war wagon. Does anyone have any experience with RC4WD Mud Slingers 2.2"?
I don't know if I can use a soft compound on such a big and heavy truck.
$_57.jpg

Any other suggestions appreciated.

I have used them on a Wheely king and Stampede but neither are very heavy, I can tell you that they are great in loose dirt and mud! If those are the tires you want but they won't hold the weight you can buy stiffer foams for them.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

I might have to go for stiffer foams no matter what I get. I'm down to 3 at this point. The ones in the first post, these Pro Line Flat Irons...
$_1.jpg

Or these Pro Line Interco TSL XS Super Swampers...
$_1.jpg

I'm going more for the look than performance, since these trucks are too big for crawling. These 3 tires are the closest I can find to a good chunky tread with a reasonably scale look. I already have another set of these Humm Vee 2.2 Beadlock rims...
2hv-w2.jpg

Well, I just found these Rock Crushers. Major chunky tread and really big compared to the Mud Slingers on the left.
MRR22-01.jpg

They also look very close to these...

3quarter.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using the Swampers on my SCX-10/JK project and they seem to hold it up pretty well and it's no light weight.
20140703_003502_zpstqbf5tls.jpg

Now that I get a good straight-on look at them, I don't think that side wall would look right.

Done deal. I just ordered them from Amain. 55.23 shipped. They're perfect.
You'll get a "Get out of Jail free" card that's good for the holiday weekend. :rolleyes:

edit...I just noticed you ordered already, nice tires!

I have the 2.2 slingers on my tuber, great tire, very aggressive tread pattern, my tuber is quite heavy and they hold up great. I really like them on my tuber, I am actually thinking about getting a set of 1.9 slingers to put on my Tamiya YJ, it's tough to find a smaller o.d. 1.9 tire, and the stock Tamiya tires are very hard.
Plus, RC4WD is having a site wide 10% off sale this weekend.
021-2.jpg

They are very nice, when I replace the stock tires on the Yeti it will be with Pitbulls

Can they even dry rot covered in armor all inside of a glass case?