Need something easy to work on.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Hey guys, what does everyone think about the traxxas slash? I'm wondering if it would be easy to work on like not so many tight spaces. Can you tell me about a slash?

I got a 1/10th 2wd Slash last fall. Absolute blast to run. I bash it in the backyard, run it on asphalt and I put paddles on it for beach use. The beach is awesome. There is a million places that have parts. Upgradeable till the sun goes down. Super easy to work on. Open top chassis configuration. I got the short course truck.

17166325144393866904003505180880.jpg

The 2wd Slash is mostly easy to work on, the only really annoying bits are the wiring to receiver box and having to split the transmission case to access the diff. Its all hex hardware/machine screws which makes everything easier.

If I had any gripes about the Slash it's mostly just me being more of an old-school stadium truck guy. This thing from 1994 uses the same basic platform as the Slash, just fatten it up a bit:

20240522_153041.jpg

The 2wd Slash is pretty easy to work on, 4WD not so much. Both great rigs though.

Out of all the RC's I have, I think the Arrma 10th scale stuff is the easiest to work on. The Arrma senton is very comparable to the Slash.

The Slash is a decent platform. The upgrades for it allow you to turn it into just about anything you want. We turned ours into a drag car. Click my build thread contributor badge to see the build.
Screenshot_20240525_071332.jpg

The Stampede 2wd is as simple as it gets also. They are a kick in the arse to run.

Thanks for all the replys, I won't be so scared to buy one now

Hey guys, what does everyone think about the traxxas slash? I'm wondering if it would be easy to work on like not so many tight spaces. Can you tell me about a slash?
You are on the right path most definitely. Pretty much any 1/10 scale rear motor RC would fit the bill.

If they still sell the Slash 2wd kit I'd start with that, then you'll know how to assemble it. Unlike most kits it comes with electronics and everything needed to finish it except for paint.

Slaaaaaash.
Love 'em.
The 2wd Slash is pretty easy to work on, 4WD not so much. Both great rigs though.

Out of all the RC's I have, I think the Arrma 10th scale stuff is the easiest to work on. The Arrma senton is very comparable to the Slash.
Holy crap I hate those things. The WORST to work on. I have no idea what ARRMA was thinkin. The power module is the biggest pain in the you-know-what EVER.
On the other hand, Slash is sooooooooooooo easy to work on. And ya can MM them

"Fear not young Grasshopper ,for one day ye too shall be experienced in the ways"!Lol .........I gotta stop watching Knights in Shining Armor movies!

Slash is little harder to work on then the stampedes. I owned two stampedes and they were a breeze to work on and tough as nails when upgraded atleast the old versions where. Slash been a great product i have seen dozens of people running them around.

Slash is little harder to work on then the stampedes. I owned two stampedes and they were a breeze to work on and tough as nails when upgraded atleast the old versions where. Slash been a great product i have seen dozens of people running them around.
How is the Slash harder to work on? Other than the wiring being a little more annoying to sort out.

From friends I have seen run these and talked to them about it was some of the electronics were a pain to get to but these were when they first came out. Not sure if they changed anything on them since then.

From friends I have seen run these and talked to them about it was some of the electronics were a pain to get to but these were when they first came out. Not sure if they changed anything on them since then.
If it's the 2wd Slash the wiring is kinda annoying, since it snakes underneath the battery. Otherwise the servos easier to access than the Stampede and the motor is the same.

The only thing that I can see making a Slash harder to work on is the size (takes up more desk room), and the bigger bumpers that need to be removed for some repairs.

You figure anything out?

Back