NEED OFNA HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason180

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the forum looking for some help from the OFNA Guru's!

Just recently dusted off the old OFNA LX One with an axial .28 RR2 I installed it in back in the day and got the RC blood flowing again lol

Purchased this roller I do believe it's a 9.5 violator just wanted to confirm?
It's missing a center diff. I'm looking for a complete center diff for it or any parts or parts rollers as well as parts for my OFNA LX one.
What other buggy parts would be compatible with these 2 buggies?

Thanks in advance guys!

Screenshot_20220821-073355_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-073342_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-073338_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-073330_eBay.jpg

I seen these the other day actually! Just didn't think they were interchangeable with the violator is all so if that's the case would it be the same center diff as my LX one?

Yes Box.
Diff is same in all these

the diff mount can be different in LX maybe

this is easy measure at bottom of the chassie in both cars, the screw mount holes for center diff if they are same

EDIT , important:

The ofna LX and VIOLATOR have same diff mount,

Hobao Diff mount/linkage will not fit !! The EBAY linkage/mount will not fit Ofna, only the diff fits

Only Hobao Diff fits, Diff is same in all early OFNAS/HOBAOS

Your FX Diff mount and linkage will fit Violator , both ofna have same. Hobao will not fit.
Top plate and servo mount is different

Only diff fits 100% shure

i have all these cars self, problem is that i have convert them to Brushless. I dont have memory anymore how the brake system was when they were nitro, this is so many years ago.

anyways it may fit :) 90% shure it fits. not 100%
that is cheap anyways, 4-5 bucks is not much money, buy it and try, it may fit, I'm not 100% shure !

Last edited:
Haha awesome thank you so much for the info! You are like me I haven't touched my buggies in 10 years! If I would have known OFNA was closing during my Nitro break I would have stocked up on everything like no tomorrow haha! From the pictures that I posted in your opinion I'm on the fence The violator came out with a silver polished pipe but then the LX comp didn't and pipes can be changed etc.. what buggy do you think it is the violator or the LX comp? With all these OFNA buggies is there an easy way to tell what model it is? And does anybody out there no any websites or anything where people post and sell these old buggies etc besides ebay?

Screenshot_20220821-073355_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-073342_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-073338_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-073330_eBay.jpg

does anybody out there no any websites or anything where people post and sell these old buggies etc besides ebay?
FB Market Place, Craigslist, FB r/c fs groups. You can sell here but only after 90 days as a member and 100 posts, at that point you'll have access to the classified section.

Ohh nice!! Thanks alot for the info! I used to be on here all the time back in the day but never signed up. Should have done it along time ago!

So from the pictures I attached above do you this this car is a violator or an LX comp?

So now thanks to your expertise I now know the diff will fit from Hobao. The question of the hour is where can I find a diff mount, linkage and brakes for this thing? So basically the rest of the assembly minus the diff lol 🤣

Side note I just pulled the trigger on a Hobao hyper MT plus with the hyper 30 nitro engine in it. I've always wanted a 1/8 monster truck since my dad bought the original Tmaxx 1/10 with the 2.5 back in the day! I've been so out of the game for so long with all these companies not in business anymore and new names out there I wasn't sure who's good and who's not so after a bunch of research it seems like the Hobao is a pretty good bang for my money. I live in Ontario Canada the only thing that sucks I can't seem to find any hobby shops in Ontario that deal with them. So for now unless I somebody up here that stocks parts I'll have to order from the states and swallow the import and duty fees.