Need help with parts for my nitro HSP bug crush RC car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor_TK.Extra

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just got a nitro car and the cluch bell and gears have shredded. I was just wondering if anyone knows the parts I need that are shredded I have attached a picture below.
Thanks,
Connor

Attachments

• 7B2DDD95-CF27-4E73-9D9D-331CF655CD10.jpeg
    7B2DDD95-CF27-4E73-9D9D-331CF655CD10.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 118
  • 7D22F4B2-B32F-4AC7-9A67-E6243AA620D8.jpeg
    7D22F4B2-B32F-4AC7-9A67-E6243AA620D8.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 114
Yeah you need a new clutch bell and spur gear at least. I can't really tell you which one you have because it might not be the original. It looks like it got quite hot. If you bought it used, I would just order an entire new clutch assembly. They are not that expensive. From what I can see, it is a 1/10 scale vehicle. The funny thing is that it looks like you should have a 2 speed clutch bell on that thing. I will research it a bit for you and see what I can find.

Yeah you need a new clutch bell and spur gear at least. I can't really tell you which one you have because it might not be the original. It looks like it got quite hot. If you bought it used, I would just order an entire new clutch assembly. They are not that expensive. From what I can see, it is a 1/10 scale vehicle. The funny thing is that it looks like you should have a 2 speed clutch bell on that thing. I will research it a bit for you and see what I can find.

hi thanks for your reply and yes it says it’s two speed but never changes gear there are two cogs connecting to the cluch bell but only the big one works the second smaller one never runs. It is a hsp bug crush and it is brand new I had it out for an hour and that happened. If you know what parts I need and how to stop it happening again that would be amazing. Thanks very much. Connor

Oh! I thought you got used! Ok I will give you part numbers when I get a chance then. It came with the steel gear on it?

Oh! I thought you got used! Ok I will give you part numbers when I get a chance then. It came with the steel gear on it?
I’m not sure but can I get a hardened race spur and cluch bell ? Will this help it happening again?

I’m not sure but can I get a hardened race spur and cluch bell ? Will this help it happening again?
Yes it will but the vehicle was brand new so the problem you had was with the gear mesh. It is often set wrong from the factory. You ALWAYS want to go over the entire car before running it. Consider it a lesson learned. We all have had to learn it. Call support and be sure you are ordering the correct parts. When you get them, hit me up and I will walk you through it.

Ok will do. Do you know what parts I need?

Ok will do. Do you know what parts I need?
I can find them. I thought you had gotten it used so I wasn't sure. I saw some that had 2 speed clutch bells and some that didn't. I am at work now. I'm off at 4 and will look them up for you.

I can find them. I thought you had gotten it used so I wasn't sure. I saw some that had 2 speed clutch bells and some that didn't. I am at work now. I'm off at 4 and will look them up for you.

That would be amazing thank you very much. This is a picture zoomed out of the inner cogs. I have a two speed car but doesn’t change gear so don’t know what parts I need and I’ve heard you can get hardened steel cluch and spur gears.
Thank you very very much!!
Connor

Your car was brand new from the store? It came with a metal spur gear on it?

Your car was brand new from the store? It came with a metal spur gear on it?
I’m not sure if it is metal but I would like a metal one. My one is silver and shiny so I presume so.

If it came with a metal spur gear then the bell was most likely hardened. You will want to replace it with the same thing.
Ok thanks again for your reply and do you know the exact part I need because I’m not sure.

Ok thanks again for your reply and do you know the exact part I need because I’m not sure.
I will find it for you tonight. I just got home and ate dinner. I just put a new motor in my T Maxx and I need to finish my break in before dark.