Need help with nitro mt in salem oregon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsesere

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have this car and it ran great for the first 20 or so runs. Now the cars starts ok but after a few minutes of run time it stalls out. I have tinkered with a bit but no luck so far. I'm not sure if it needs repair of if the motor needs some adjustment. I'm looking for someone with some spare time that can help me with this. i don't have any way to measure the engine temp and very little experence with theses motors. I did try different needle positions etc.

If it's the original 15FE engine, then I believe it's a single needle carb. That thing is very unforgiving and you pretty much are screwed as far as performance goes if you care about the engine at all. The best you can do is tune it so it's not so blubbery rich that it stalls, then drive it until it doesn't run any longer. Then drop in a better engine.

Sounds to me like it may be running on the hot side. Once you have it running and good and warmed up, put a drop of water on the head. If it sizzles and bounces off, your too hot. It should take 4-5 seconds to cook off if it's around 220 degrees.