Need help with my arrma and the new motor and esc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegoMyEego

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a arrma granite converted to brushless I just got 3650 4300KV Brushless Motor with 60A ESC but after I got everything connected and turn it on the only thing that comes on r the fans it doesn't give me any beeps any suggestions???

follow the calibration instructions very carefully for the ESC, every brand of ESC is different, normally there's a calibration button to press when you turn on the ESC to get it into calibration mode and then you must set the throttle range (Forward, Reverse, Neutral) followed by a sequence button presses with the calibration button.

Good Luck!

follow the calibration instructions very carefully for the ESC, every brand of ESC is different, normally there's a calibration button to press when you turn on the ESC to get it into calibration mode and then you must set the throttle range (Forward, Reverse, Neutral) followed by a sequence button presses with the calibration button.

Good Luck
I'll give it a try ty

Once you calibrate esc .id check pinion. and temps .dont run it 5 minutes then check temps do it a short time like 30 seconds.if to hot lower gear count 18- degrees F is to hot I like mine way under like 90 max after 5 minutes of hard driving..

Once you calibrate esc .id check pinion. and temps .dont run it 5 minutes then check temps do it a short time like 30 seconds.if to hot lower gear count 18- degrees F is to hot I like mine way under like 90 max after 5 minutes of hard driving..
I don't think that 30 seconds is going to give much information on if you're running too hot or not. The sweetspot for motors is around 110 degrees F. If after a full run you are only at 90 degrees F then you should gear up because otherwise you aren't getting the full potential from your motor and esc.

I don't think that 30 seconds is going to give much information on if you're running too hot or not. The sweetspot for motors is around 110 degrees F. If after a full run you are only at 90 degrees F then you should gear up because otherwise you aren't getting the full potential from your motor and esc.
I guess you have never run a Over geared motor them . brushless motors heatup fast when wrong gearing is used.

I guess you have never run a Over geared motor them . brushless motors heatup fast when wrong gearing is used.
actually, yes i have. 30 seconds will give no information on heat. the only possible way it will is if there is sreious friction or something wrong in the driveline.
which would cause the drivetrain to have unbelievable friction or lock up.

I've seen a guy blow a esc in less than 6 seconds running a over geared 10.5 turn.it was like 23/81

Last edited: