Esc fried need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegoMyEego

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all names matt and I'm new to the rc world so I got this new motor it's a spectrum firma 6500 spmxsm2800 and a lipo 3s 11.1v 55.5wh 5000mah 50c can anyone tell what's the best esc I need that's not to expensive.
Thank you. I put it in a arrma granite upgrad.e from brushed to brushless and the esc that fried was a 120a. So can u recommend a good setup I'd like it to pop wheelies and be fast as well and by the way thank you all so much

Ok I'm new to this this arrma granite is my first good rc thank you all I'm returning the 6500 and getting else I appreciate all the info and feedback

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Matt. I kinda agree with tnt, that is a bit high kv for 3s. But it depends on what RC you are running it in. What RC are you installing this in? If it's too heavy, you might have some problems overheating and burning up the motor. That motor is designed for 2wd vehicles under 5lb.

its a 540 can dont matter what rc its in way to many kv thats 85.000 rpm free spin.

They recommend a 100A ESC, you can get cheap yet legit Hobbywing ESC's here - 100A or even 120A, and 2S is probably prudent for that setup.

Welcome to the forum Matt. I kinda agree with tnt, that is a bit high kv for 3s. But it depends on what RC you are running it in. What RC are you installing this in? If it's too heavy, you might have some problems overheating and burning up the motor. That motor is designed for 2wd vehicles under 5lb.
He is putting it in an Arrma Granite. I thought motors that size though were for crawlers.

He is putting it in an Arrma Granite. I thought motors that size though were for crawlers.
Our Granite has a 3200kv motor and does 50mph, with tons of power on demand. At around 30mph, a pull of the throttle will pull it up on the back wheels and it will ride a wheelie forever. No need for a motor anywhere near 6500kv 😲 That motor is meant for light 2wd drag cars.

Back